Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    downrange Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Explorer tranny
    I have a 2000 for explorer eddie bauer. Approx 133,000 miles. When the transmission shift from second to third, it either slips or doesn't catch right away, the rpms will jump and then it will catch. I called a transmission shop and they told me they will have to replace the whole transmission. I though the guy was yankin my chain... can anyone help me with this??
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Most domestic automatic transmissions are designed to go approximately 125,000 to 150,000 before having to be rebuilt. Many foreign ATXs don't last that long. The key to ATXs is to change the fluid and filter every 30,000 miles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explorer 7 [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to revert from Explorer 7 back to Explorer 6?

Tranny problems [ 5 Answers ]

95 civic has intermitten problems. Tranny goes out after a few miles. Let it sit until it cools down able to drive again? Could it be the ecm?

92 Taurus V6 3.0 Tranny problem [ 4 Answers ]

Please Help, I have a family of 11 who relies on our Taurus. (of course, we don't all fit in at once, ha ha) Had a front right half-axle that needed replaced. I did the work and took it 1 mile to the store on a test drive. On the way back, power just left. The throtle still would rev the...

View more questions Search