Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Won small claims, debtor not paying, possibly file lien on vehicle
    I was awarded $739.92 in a small claims suit on 06/06/07(landlord-tenant issue). As of 09/24/07, I have only received 2 cashiers' checks in the amount of $25 each. I was informed by an attorney here in Wisconsin that the court charges 12% interest on the unpaid balance, so even with the $50 she has paid she still owes me over $715. I have offered to accept $50/month payments but she won't agree to this. I'm frustrated because she claims to be on unemployment so I can't garnish her wages; I know for a fact she sells drugs but I obviously can't garnish drug money.:(

I am wondering what my alternative options to receiving my money might be. I was looking into have her vehicle repossessed but was told there are too many loop-holes for her to slip through and a few attorneys have told me that they're not willing do it. I've been trying to look into placing a lien on her vehicle but haven't been able to find any information on how, or if I am able to do so. Any suggestions on what to do?:(
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Find where they bank and garnish those account.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 09:31 AM
    She claims to not have any bank accounts, although I don't know how she would cash her unemployment checks that she claims is her only income. If I find where she cashes her checks, how would I prove that she has an account there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use this to take someone to small claims? [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to make it short and sweet. We went to settlement on the our purchase of a home and, because I thought I knew the person we bought our home from I did not take a written agreement. BIG NO NO on my behalf realizing that now... The agreement was for the seller to come back and repair...

Small claims [ 7 Answers ]

My car was hit back in April. Since no one was hurt, and I was in such a hurry to get where I was going, I did not call the police. I quickly jotted down the man's information myself. However, I cannot get money out of the guy. He said he would pay and now isn't. The damage is approx $400.00. ...

I won a case, how do I place a bank lien. [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the defendants banking institute (I don't have his account #) and showed them the judgment where their customer was mandated to pay me the $3500 they stole from me and the bank told me I had to hire an attorney to place a bank lien. Is this true? Is there a way to place a bank lien...

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to sue someone in small claims court... he is a German man... he has lived in America for many years... speaks English well... his wife is telling me I must pay for an interrupter as English isn't his native language... he has got a drivers license in the us.. as well as has got a...

View more questions Search