Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob Zombie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 08:47 PM
    2 antivirus
    Hi everyone,
    I just installed NOD32 after having heard about its greatness everywhere. The only problem is that I forgot to remove my ancient antivirus (Avast!) before installing it. Now, my computer starts normally but, when both software try to log on, it freezes. What can I do in order to remove Avast! And without formatting the cup? Thanks

Rob
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Zombie
    Hi everyone,
    I just installed NOD32 after having heard about its greatness everywhere. The only problem is that I forgot to remove my ancient antivirus (Avast!) before installing it. Now, my computer starts normally but, when both software try to log on, it freezes. What can I do in order to remove Avast! and without formatting the cup? thanks

Rob
    The easiest answer to this is to email their support department at [email protected] and request the un-installer program. I received a copy from them, and I was quite happy with their response time.
    blaze5874 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 24, 2007, 03:16 PM
    You could also try booting into safe mode where the programs may not startup because usually in safe mode windows only starts the bare minimum of stuff needed to run.

To get to safe mode.
    1.Start/Restart computer
    2.Before the windows load screen hit the F8 key, usually repeatedly so you don't miss it
    3.This should give you a boot menu of ways to start
    4.For your case you should select "Safe Mode"

Safe mode generally starts up slower than usual so don't freak out if it seems like it's taking awhile. Hopefully in Safe Mode it won't start up the antivirus software and you will be able to uninstall your old version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antivirus [ 1 Answers ]

When ever want to load antivirus files, as sson cursr points on antivirus exe, cursor will exit to desk top. System details. 845 intel chipset, 256 RAM, 240 gb hdd, windows xp patch with sp2

Antivirus software [ 10 Answers ]

What is the best free antivirus software?

Norton antivirus [ 2 Answers ]

Since I installed the upgrade on my 2006 norton internet secutiy, I have been getting these error messages about LuCallBackProxy module. Went to symantec knowledge base and nothing comes up. This is getting stupid

Antivirus... [ 11 Answers ]

May I get some advise, its about what is the best antivirus that I can use that won't make my PC slow, this antivirus will be install to a none network or no internet PC so that means I need a antivir that no updating require but if there is how can I update this antivir to a no internet PC......

Antivirus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pals I'm confused about selecting the antivirus for my PC ,can u tell me which is the best antivirus and also the best among the free antivirus softwares

View more questions Search