Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnxxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2004, 12:54 PM
    hotmail and msn access
    can anyone help me? I have tried to sign in to my hotmail account and msn messenger and each time I do it says" signing in (attempt 2,3,4,5) we can not sign you in, there may be a problem with your internet service or our service." It also tells me to try again later. I have not been able to sign in now for over a week. I have checked my internet service and can get onto other websites and use outlook express email. It also says that hotmail and msn services are running with no problems, but still I can't access mine. When I tried to sign into msn, this came up and I don't know what it means 0X81000370. I am using windows XP and messenger 6.1. Please can someone help I am desperate.
    Dev Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2004, 01:12 AM
    Re: hotmail and msn access
    This will solve your problem

1.Either right-Click on Internet explorer icon and then click on properties or e start internet explorer

2. go to tools ->internet options->clicK ' Advanced' tab

3. scroll down to security sub-heading and out check mark in the box ' Check for server certificate revocation(restart required)'

4.Click o.k.

5.next click on security tab

6. select trusted sites

7. click on "Sites..."

8.Click on "Add" and add the following sites

Messenger.hotmail.com
    Loginnet.passport.com
    Login.passport.net
    Memberservicesnet.passport.net

n.b: do not check 'Require server verifiation... "

9.click o.k.

10. high light trusted sites again and this time go to custom level

11. in that page you can see 'Reset custom settings".
    In REset to: click the drop down and select "LOW"

12 click o.k. and restart. Msn shall now work
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Apr 19, 2004, 03:15 PM
    Re: hotmail and msn access
    If you are using norton firewall, and when you try messenger 6.1
    you can have a 0x81000370 error.
    you must configure the access:
    control access configure
    Microsoft msn messenger: check "automatic"
    if other choice like "autorise all" you can have the error message.
    and passport.net will not work; the "symantec security check" test (see symantec website" telling you have a server error.
    to secure network, download and try :
    Microsoft Baseline Security Analyser 1.2 (MBSA)
    helpme1114 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 07:53 AM
    I need help someone my hotmail account been block for nearly 2 months. I try their support centre which was a joke it keep asking me to log in for help but they block me .its going nowhere .I send emails to support they say they look in to my case and that was 3 weeks ago.. but no maill no replay nothing.. what should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Recently when I try to go to Homail, I get asked for my Id and password and then I get taken to my inbox directly. I don't want this! I want to go to Hotmail and then click on sign in and then enter my Id and then my password. Just like I'd do before. How do I do this? Thanks

Hotmail account access [ 6 Answers ]

After I sign out of my hotmail account I can log back in by using the History icon on my internet explorer. I do not have to enter the password to get back in. What do I do to correct this so I always need to enter my password.

Hotmail and msn [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been having a problem with accessing my hotmail account via msn explorer and the web. When I use either one it just takes forever to load never does. Also, when I click the search icon on internet explorer it fully loads and all but when I click on customize nothing happens. I thought...

Seeing hotmail mail [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up my email software to read my hotmail mail. What is the server name?

Cannot Access Hotmail [ 1 Answers ]

February 23, 2003 Dear Sir Madam I should be pleased for your assistance I cannot access my hotmail account directly Whenever I sign in , I get the message this page cannot be displayed. I can however access hotmail through outlook express. I browse and surf the internet without any...

View more questions Search