Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farmersr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Ejector pumps
    I have a ejector pump system in my basement that is being fed by a toilet and I want to know if it's o.k. to use reglular toilet tissue or other,special paper that will dissolve with water. Do chemicals need to be added to tank?
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Sep 24, 2007, 10:23 AM
    You can use regular toilet paper.

Just be careful of feminine hygiene products being flushed. Tampons should pose no problem, but nothing heavier.

Nothing else needs to be added to the tank.

This all presumes that you are on city sewer and everything is vented correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ejector pit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, selling my house and the "home inspector" suggested to the buyers that the ejector pit should be sealed, mine handles only laundry water and wash tub and is a standard type sump pit with a plastic lift of lid that has a slot half way through for the pipes. What would be the proper way, and...

Ejector Pump? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this website, but have read some of the questions and answers and find it helpful. I just had my basement finished and had a bathroom (toilet, shower, sink) installed. They are all connected to the ejector pump pit. We replaced/upgraded the ejector pump the builder left for us as...

Toilet ejector [ 2 Answers ]

I am renovating an apartment on the 3rd floor of a building and I wish to make the main bedroom en suite but it is far from the plumbing I cannot run the pipes as normal and must bring it up into the ceiling and join the system on the other side of the apartment Please advise the best method to...

Basements/ejector pumps/washers [ 11 Answers ]

A twist on a familiar question posted here... I am attempting to move my washer/dryer into my basement. It is rough plumbed for a bath, with a 4 inch waste line dumping into a sewage ejector pit. Can I cut a tee into that 4 inch waste line and route my 2 inch washer drain line into it? I am...

View more questions Search