Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Democrats Blast Republican for 'Too Many Mosques'
    The Republican's top lawmaker on the House Homeland Security say’s “Unfortunately, we have too many mosques in this country. There's too many people who are sympathetic to radical Islam," King said. "We should be looking at them more carefully; we should be finding out how we can infiltrate. We should be much more aggressive in law enforcement."

King criticized "a lack of full cooperation" from the Muslim community, calling it "a real threat here in this country.

Discuss?

Democrats Blast Republican for 'Too Many Mosques' Phrase -- 09/20/2007
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 23, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    The Republican's top lawmaker on the House Homeland Security say's “Unfortunately, we have too many mosques in this country. There's too many people who are sympathetic to radical Islam," King said. "We should be looking at them more carefully; we should be finding out how we can infiltrate. We should be much more aggressive in law enforcement."

King criticized "a lack of full cooperation" from the Muslim community, calling it "a real threat here in this country.

Discuss?

Democrats Blast Republican for 'Too Many Mosques' Phrase -- 09/20/2007

It's very similar to the sentiments of Prime Minister John Howard of Australia. I think they both have a fair point when it comes cooperation. Obviously the phrase King was talking about didn't mean buildings, but about the radicals themselves. As a Jew, living in the US, I have no problem with this. Jewish and Christian communities have the same responsibility to Homeland Security. Doors should be open with nothing to hide. You'd think Muslim communities would want to step up and do the same. By all means go after Muslim radicals, especially in the country I call home.

Prime Minister John Howard of Australia:

"Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia : one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said. Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians." "However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia " "However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle." "This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom" "We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!" "Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture." "We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us." "If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others. "This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'." "If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.""

Bobby
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    The Republican's top lawmaker on the House Homeland Security say’s “Unfortunately, we have too many mosques in this country. There's too many people who are sympathetic to radical Islam," King said. "We should be looking at them more carefully; we should be finding out how we can infiltrate. We should be much more aggressive in law enforcement."
    There was a time when I would have questioned the phrase "radical Islam' as being too all encompassing -- Then I 'edjumacated' myself on the history of the differences between Shia and Sunni and the lengths at which the two factions of the same faith will go to to seek the annihilation of the other.

The US receives a great deal of bad press for fomenting the civil war now in progress between Iraqi Shia's and Iraqi Sunni's -- But, if one digs deeper, they will discover that this civil war has been going on for centuries -- And that at worst, the US is guilty only of providing them the battlefield to engage each other.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 23, 2007, 09:41 PM
    " too many mosques"?

Since when did the government have the power to interfere with religious expression?

I think it is common sense for the gov. to keep an eye out on all radicals that threaten others. How that is done is a whole other discussion.

Grace and Peace
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 02:27 AM
    What Congressman King meant to say was that there are too many mosques and madrassas, built and maintained in this country entirely by foreign money; under the guise of religion ;but intended to indoctrinate American Muslims with a radical political ideology ,whose goal is to defeat the United States . He just wasn't as clear as he should've been.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgrowler
    There was a time when I would have questioned the phrase "radical Islam' as being too all encompassing -- Then I 'edjumacated' myself on the history of the differences between Shia and Sunni and the lengths at which the two factions of the same faith will go to to seek the annihilation of the other.

The US receives a great deal of bad press for fomenting the civil war now in progress between Iraqi Shia's and Iraqi Sunni's -- But, if one digs deeper, they will discover that this civil war has been going on for centuries -- And that at worst, the US is guilty only of providing them the battlefield to engage each other.
    Exactly... I would just add at a great cost
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    What Congressman King meant to say was that there are too many mosques and madrassas, built and maintained in this country entirely by foreign money; under the guise of religion ;but intended to indoctrinate American Muslims with a radical political ideology ,whose goal is to defeat the United States . He just wasn't as clear as he should've been.
    I agree, Tom... Welcome to Islamberg
    Terrorist Camp in Upstate New York? Welcome to Islamberg : Conservative Culture
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Republican hatemongers pandering to their fearful Christian rural constituencies.

We see now that the Republicans are going to run on FEAR, FEAR, FEAR, FEAR. Be very afraid, vote for Republicans! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE DAILY DOSES OF FEAR FROM TODAY UNTIL THE FEDERAL ELECTION ***A YEAR FROM NOVEMBER**.

That drunken slob in the White House will lead the fear parade. All so he doesn't have to think about the Iraq War that he bungled and mismanaged with his neo-Con buddies.

Fortunately, the American citizenry are wise to their bs; they will destroy themselves. :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 03:31 AM
    Choux . I will recommend to the good folks at Islamberg that they move into your neighborhood. Pehaps a nice Saudi funded Wahabi & Salafist Mosque would do .

The trial of Abu Hamza was largely ignored in the US ,but the UK had plenty of coverage.Hamza was an imam at London's Finsbury Park mosque .Testimony from the trial provided evidence that he encouraged, condoned and legitimized suicide attacks as a means of waging jihad against apostate Muslim regimes and the West. Some of his sermons were taped and provided some necessary insight into what is being preached in these mosques.

BBC NEWS | UK | Hamza attacked 'sugar daddy West'

BBC NEWS | UK | Hamza trial: Evidence on day three

BBC NEWS | UK | Hamza trial: Evidence on day two

BBC NEWS | UK | Hamza trial: Evidence on Day One

Hamza was found guilty on eleven charges... six charges of soliciting to murder... three charges related to "using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with the intention of stirring up racial hatred"... one charge of owning recordings related to "stirring up racial hatred"... one charge of possessing a"terrorist encyclopaedia".
    While on trial he called for "a world dominated by a caliph, sitting in the White House" .
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Absolutely, freedom of speech must be suppressed when it violates another human right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clinton worries Democrats' leaders [ 54 Answers ]

Seems the Dems' worries keep increasing. First it was talk of how success in Iraq would be a problem for them, now their front runner has them concerned about hurting the rest of their slate. Looks like Hillary is a nightmare for both sides, those who think she's may cost them the house or...

Republican candidates for president. [ 12 Answers ]

When I look at the republican candidates for president they remind me of a bad dream I once had; not a man among them, in appearance anyway. To bad Speaker Newton isn’t among them; the only man with bold ideas in years. Get a load of these mugshots! Politics1 - 2008 Republican Presidential...

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

Democrats launch preemption attack on Fred Thompson [ 10 Answers ]

In what can only mean good news for soon to be candidate Fred Thompson, the Democrats are concerned enough that they have already begun a campaign of attack .The attack comes in the form of a fund raising letter . Reported in Politico Democrats tear into Fred Thompson - Mike Allen -...

View more questions Search