Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SCONEY1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Auto repair
    Yes, I have a 1992 Lincoln Continental with a 3.8 L injected V6. The problem I'm having is the transmission shifts good but slow and only if I accelerate it will shift smoothly into next gear. Do I have a exhaust problem or vacuum loss at the transmission.

Need help
    Thomas Johnson.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SCONEY1
    Yes, I have a 1992 Lincoln Continental with a 3.8 L injected V6. The problem i'm having is the transmission shifts good but slow and only if I accelerate it will shift smoothly into next gear. Do I have a exhaust problem or vacuum loss at the transmission.

Need help
    Thomas Johnson.
    More likely a vacuum concern. There are several internal apply/release servos and diaphrams, and accumulators, that require proper vacuum to function correctly. You can begin by inspecting the vacuum lines that run off toward the rear from the engine.
    Careful inspection by a qualified tech can help to pinpoint problem areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Auto reposession/Default on Auto Loan [ 3 Answers ]

To whom could lend some immediate advice, I purchased a 2005 brand new vehicle in 2005. This automobile has been repossessed as of 5/07. In addition, I filed bankruptcy (Chapter 13) in 2006 to avoid this very problem, however that has been dismissed for lack of payments. My current...

Auto or ON? [ 11 Answers ]

I just purchased my first home and have a question about my brand new furnace. Is it more efficient to run the heat/cool on AUTO or ON? It's a brand new Ducane gas furnace. I have it on auto now... and living in New England it is constantly flipping on/off. Not sure if that is more efficient or if...

Auto Repair [ 2 Answers ]

God Bless You all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year; If I don't chat with you all before the month is over with. Don't let nothing keep you from serving GOD.My Queastion, I have a 1999, 300m, which is out of timing, because of the belt teeth coming off. How do I set it?

View more questions Search