Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsFoxxy2u Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Which Broadband Service is Better
    Verizon Fios or Comcast High Speed Internet? I think Verizons is as of now unless someone changes my mind.

MrsFoxxy2U
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 23, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Well I have comcast, and I love it. Its really fast but there are different speeds you can purchase. Comcast is really fast for me but I'm not sure which speed we are at. It taks me 30 seconds to download something while my friend takes a couple hours to download something like a demo of a game. He has wow. I have never had verizon but comcast has been around a long time and we like it. That's my opinion though.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Verizon's Fios will blow anything else away, but you pay by bandwidth. Cable internet collides with other users. When the pipe gets full, bandwidth suffers. With a direct fiber connection something else has to limit the bandwidth.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Sep 24, 2007, 06:07 AM
    A lot of it depends on your location and type of service.
    Try this:
    DSL · Cable · VOIP · Security · Satellite · Fiber · News · Tips · Reviews · Community · Tools - dslreports.com
    You can check the experience of others in your area with providers you're considering.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 06:42 AM
    You should consider what type of surfing you want to do online and how much you can afford;)
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 24, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Fios is a relatively new service. They can provide faster service, and probably better quality, but you will have a higher chance of it going out for a little while, just because it's a newer thing, and they'll probably be changing the way it works or upgrading systems.

On the other hand, Fios runs on a fiber optic line, which will be able to provide much faster speeds, and once they get everything the way they want it, it will be more reliable. Cable, on the other hand, only gets about 30 megabits maximum from a single node, and all your neighbors share a node with you. If you plan on staying where you are for a while, I'd go with fios. If only a couple years, or less, go with comcast (it will probably be cheaper).
    MrsFoxxy2u Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsFoxxy2u
    Verizon Fios or Comcast High Speed Internet? I think Verizons is as of now unless someone changes my mind.

MrsFoxxy2U
    I found a poll on this site about this also it seems verizon is winning
    TheWorldofChat.Com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dial up and Broadband [ 5 Answers ]

I work with it so I have tried to work this out but cant. Friend asked me to come over to fix his computer its not connect to Internet. Hes moved back into his parents house ( parent have got dial up ( BT beep pay as you go )) In his previous house he had AOL broadband. Hes spoke to AOL and...

Which CPU for Broadband? [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks to all the guys who answered my last question, really helpful, but I got one more which is kind of related. I need to get a new CPU to run BB efficiently, what minimum would people recommend for a Mobo that supports 100Mhz system bus? From what I have read heatsinks and fans maybe necessary...

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

Faxing over Broadband [ 3 Answers ]

G'Day there, Just wondering if anyone knows if I can setup faxing over my broadband. I am starting to think that I have to use a modem for faxing rather than just the broadband itself, but would love to know if this is the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Flano..

Broadband [ 1 Answers ]

My PC is a clon assembled in the USA with the name Powerspec. I use windows 98SE. Up to last week my connection to Internet was through phone line. But I decided to try broadband. The provider hooked a cable modem to the existing cable TV line. However, an integrated ethernet adapter (Davicom...

View more questions Search