Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cedarmacko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Camille Lucas/Raffray print
    Print at least 60 years old, pencilled below image is "A l'oree du bois" on the left, and "Raffray" on the right. Top left on image reads "Copyright 1936 Camille Lucas-NY-USA.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2007, 10:51 AM
    What is your question, please? If it concerns the value or information about the print, then here is a quote from Curlyben, another member of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Here's my usual C&P on this subject:
    Originally Posted by PES
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located Google Answers: Sun La Dyle Belgigue.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Camille Lucas 1935 SLZ trademark [ 1 Answers ]

I have an original etching by Jean Charmeille titled Couesuon, France. It has a seal on it indicating the number 101. It has a paper trademark with the name of artist and title, as well as a silver and black seal with the SLZ triangle trademark. The scene ap[pears to be a house or some houses on...

Camille Lucas prints [ 1 Answers ]

I also have two Camille Lucas prints, copyright 1936. One is signed Boyer, and one is by Raffray. I would appreciate information about these. Sharon LK

French Artist Andre' Raffray [ 1 Answers ]

I have two pieces of art by Andre' Raffray, commissioned by Sidney Lucas. While I have found some info. (here) regarding the SVL copyright meaning and worth, I would like any information available regarding the artist himself. They are pretty and nicely framed and I enjoy them. Thank you so...

French prints by Raffray Copyright Camilla Lucas 1936 [ 1 Answers ]

My Grandmother left me 2 prints by Raffray, Copyright 1936 by Camilla Lucas Ny Usa.Both appear to be watercolors of French Country Scenes. One is titled sous e' eluse. Can you give me any information about them and is there any value? Thank you.

Sidney Z. Lucas Print [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sidney Z. Lucas copyright with his logo in the circle in left corner and another circle on the right side of the etching on the canvas. It looks like a clown driving a horse carriage. It says "Etching made in France". It is signed by J. A. Jum (or Jam). Does anyone know the title of...

View more questions Search