Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cynic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2005, 07:56 AM
    My Cat + Water = Big Mess! Help!
    My cat Oscar LOVES his water. He loves his water so much anytime i lay down a fresh bowl of water for him he puts his front paws in it, drinks a little and scoops some water out. Drinks some more and scoop more water out. He'll do this until all the water is all over the kitchen floor. I can't take coming home to a puddle anymore. And i like to make sure he has water threw out the day. I don't know what do. One late night i was in my kitchen and the light was off i slipped on the water and almost broke my neck. I don't know what to do. I know this is a petty reason to get rid of him. But with two other cats, plus work and my other pets i just don't have the time everyday to keep cleaning up after him. What should i do? :confused:
    becky92029 Posts: 104, Reputation: 3

Oct 2, 2005, 10:47 AM
    Just a couple of thoughts. How about getting a big plastic tub, putting some washable towels in it, get a heavy bowl that won't tip over and put it in the tub? Or, put the water bowl in your bathtub? Can't blame you for not wanting water all over your floor! If all else fails, find your kitty a new home? He does sound like he'd be fun to watch and someone, somewhere would probably love to have him. Such personality! :o
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2005, 11:15 AM
    I may try Becky's idea of a big pan. Labs make a terrible mess of the floor. I am even more concerned since my vet suggested putting a capful of peroxide in a gallon of water to help old Aster's arthritis. It has already ruined a sponge, and can't be good for the floor.

You might look at the bubbler type of waterers. I use the skirted stainless steel dishes which limits the dogs turning the dish over. However, it still has a big hole in the top

Oct 2, 2005, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    I may try Becky's idea of a big pan. Labs make a terrible mess of the floor. I am even more concerned since my vet suggested putting a capful of peroxide in a gallon of water to help old Aster's arthritis. It has already ruined a sponge, and can't be good for the floor.

You might look at the bubbler type of waterers. I use the skirted stainless steel dishes which limits the dogs turning the dish over. However, it still has a big hole in the top
    I'm going to look into the Aster's arthritis and peroxide thing you bring up... Labman, what volume of peroxode are you using? 10, 20 or 30 percent? Thanks.
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2005, 01:22 PM
    Much less. The cap on a typical pint bottle of peroxide will only hold less than a half ounce to 128 ounces in gallon. If I read about it on the net, I would have dismissed it as another kooky net idea. After all, that little dab would quickly break down as soon as it hits the stomach.

Oct 2, 2005, 01:30 PM
    I understood that you are using a capful of peroxide to a gallon of water, but wondered what volume of peroxide you are using. For mixing with haircoloring for example, we used 20-volume hydrogen peroxide rather than 10-volume or 30-volume. I'm not familiar with just plain peroxide w/o the hydrogen. I'm wondering if hydrogen peroxide is the same as peroxide. Hmm...
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2005, 02:52 PM
    Sloppy of me
    I am talking about the common 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide. There are hundreds of peroxides, and the hydrogen peroxide does come in other concentrations.

Oct 2, 2005, 02:57 PM
    Thanks
    OH. Got it, thank you.
    Cynic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 05:40 PM
    Thanks for the feed back I'm going to try the tub thing with some towels. That might work. He is great cat and I don't want to give him up. I hope that would work! :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My heads a mess. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 25 male and last noverember, 8 months ago, my girlfriend and I split up. The relathionship lasted 3 years. We were very much in love, she was 21 and I was 24 when we split, she has her reasons for leaving, and I understand them, my career was starting to really move and she didn't see me...

Hair Dye Mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I went to a hair salon and came out with chunks of dark brown hair. I use to have dirty blonde hair (more on the blonde side.) Attached is a picture of what it use to look like. The hair dresser used Paul Mitchell color. I went back to him to fix it and it turned into orange... by...

Got myself into a huge mess! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living outside of the US for the past 10 yearrs illegally, having overstayed my visa. I wish to return to the US and want to know if I might face any difficulties in this. I also do not have a Social Security card, having lost it ages ago. The problem is that I have since been both...

Cops mess up bad [ 1 Answers ]

This morning on the way to work I got pulled over. The cop said he ran my plate number and he said my license had expired. I just got my license in march. I guess he couldn't read because right on my lic. It said it expires to 2008. They impounded my car. I lost a day at work. Cause they messed...

View more questions Search