Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ericstewart Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 07:46 AM
    here is any easy one (maybe)
    Okay I have and old rust bucket 91 gmc sonoma 4x4 that I use on rainy days. It ran just fine the last time I used it. Then I went about a week without starting it ,so I decide to drive it to work but nothing. I mean when I turn the key no click nothing. I charged the battery as it appeared to be drained but that didn't help at all.any ideas? I also checked fuses. Solenoid,starter??
    canadianzuzzie Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Could be the alternator
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
    . Check all under-dash, under-hood, mega fuses, and fusible link with a test light or multimeter: Here's how:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Clean battery cables and terminals.

. Clean main grounds.

. This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ericstewart
    Okay I have and old rust bucket 91 gmc sonoma 4x4 that I use on rainy days. It ran just fine the last time I used it. Then i went about a week without starting it ,so I decide to drive it to work but nothing. I mean when I turn the key no click nothing. I charged the battery as it appeared to be drained but that didn't help at all.any ideas? I also checked fuses. Solenoid,starter???
    Are you finding that anything else works? Lights, horn, etc?

Some components take very little amperage to function, however to start the truck takes significantly more.

Start by checking the battery cables. Look for corrosion at the cables terminals, at the battery (particularly the positive cable) the battery cables may be corroded internally: look for swelling at or near the battery... bulging cable insulation.
    ericstewart Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Thanks 2 all It was a bad battery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Easy Money [ 4 Answers ]

My Cousin is broke and needs money. Does anyone know how an 11 year old can earn easy money?(Other than Ebay)

Get over a relationship ---- EASY [ 3 Answers ]

How do we let go of someone we love?? Well letting go of someone you love is easy!! Easy?? Yesssss!! E-A-S-Y E - Enlighten your life with positive things and block out the negative A - Accept the situation for what it is... accept their decision or your decision S - Settle for nothing less...

How to let him down easy [ 11 Answers ]

I haven't been with this guy long however, he was a virgin until he met me. He's 21 but has never had a girl friend and it kills me that I have to do this to him. We were acquantinces before this but I don't know if we'll be friends after this. The reason I want to leave him is because he smothers...

Help! Webeasy is not so easy! [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone help? I'm creating a website using a programme called WebEasy, only I'm finding it quite difficult! I have got may site looking exactly as I want it, but when I go to look at the preview it is all fragmented. The page I have designed has small spheres randomly placed as background...

View more questions Search