Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nccogan Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Strange Microwave sounds
    I was wondering if anyone might be able to help. Last night my microwave was working fine. This morning I tried to heat some water and a very loud buzzing sound came from the motor area. There was a small smell of plastic. Every time I try it the same thing. I have not let it run to see if it is heating since that seems to be a bad idea.

Any idea of what might have happened or what to check?

Thanks,
    N.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Microwaves are expensive to repair. Also can be dangerous for diy project. Would be best to just replace from cost wise
    nccogan Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Good advice. Just out of curiosity - does this sort of thing happen usually? I mean a sudden change in the behavior?

N.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 11:44 AM
    The microwaves I see normally work or they don't. They are so inexpensive to purchase anymore I just don't get many calls on them. I would say yours is in the norm
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 10:17 PM
    The bearing that runs the fan on top could have frozen. My convection/microwave was designed badly that the shaft was supported in only one place. Needless to say, having access to a machine shop, it's supported in two places now and the bearings are protected better. The oven is huge and it cost nearly $800 scratch and dent when new in the 70's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sounds and multimedia [ 1 Answers ]

When I go to the control panel and click 'sounds and multimedia' the volume is set at low. I cannot move the volume buttom from this position. The area is greyed over and won't let me act.

Bothersome sounds [ 2 Answers ]

Sounds have bothered me more and more. Boom boom cars, noisy neighbors, loud mufflers, ATVs, speed boats, etc. I try to avoid noisy situation as much as possible. But lately, I hear/feel buzzing at home and elsewhere. For a while, I thought it was the refrigerator and got some relief unplugging...

No Sounds [ 1 Answers ]

No Sounds After Getting Desktop OEM “Help”! Hello, hoping someone could help me on this major sound ssue. Running Windows XP on an old Compaq Presario 5000a. Using Soundblaster Audigy MP3+ for about a year and recently updated drivers. Sound was working before I called Compaq/HP on a memory...

Log on off Sounds [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to change the log on sound byte for users on my PC . Also is there a way to add a log off sound byte as well? Win 2000 pro Thanks

No Sounds [ 3 Answers ]

No Sounds After Getting Desktop OEM “Help”! Hello, hoping someone could help me on this major sound ssue. Running Windows XP on an old Compaq Presario 5000a. Using Soundblaster Audigy MP3+ for about a year and recently updated drivers. Sound was working before I called Compaq/HP on a memory...

View more questions Search