Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anilz01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Sharing of usb port computer in win98
    I have connected a hp1160 printer on usb port using win98 which is shared by other users on win98. My problem is that this printer is becoming offline automatically if it is idle for 10 minutes. Then you have to restart the computer to make it online. Suggest how I can solve this problem

Anil sharma
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Sep 23, 2007, 10:20 AM
    I would suggest going to the HP Support Site. You did not specify the exact type of printer, so I am not sure what kind you are talking about. You may try and download the newest driver if available or check on the settings of your printer on your computer. Isn't there a Refresh button on the program or printer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

Getting through the 'firewall' in Win98 Internet Connection Sharing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wireless network where every computer in the house can see all the rest except one (for which I have not purchased a wireless card for). That one is hard wired to a Win98 SE machine that I have enabled internet connection sharing on. (The client computer to the Win98se machine also has a...

USB Adaptor in PS/2 Port [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Fujitsu laptop running Win 98SE and it does not have any USB ports. I have this adaptor that allows me to convert a PS/2 port into a USB port for plugging USB peripherals in. I've run hardware scans, restarted the computer, etc. and I can't get it to recognize the USB adaptor...

View more questions Search