Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoYouRealliMeanThat Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Planing to make an antisuicide group.
    There is a post before about a boy I know that committed suicide just over a week ago. If you read the comments you'll see I've been planning to make an antisuicide group (mostly for teens and people my own age) because I hate knowing that may people are taking there lives everyday, and I want to help.

I need anyone's help by joining to a website called Bebo (you might of heard of it or already have it) and then become a member of Antisuicidal Group <AntisuicidalGroup>
    . I need people to comment on it and tell me if this all is a good idea and some suport would be nice.
    Thanks
    PS
    And if you want to join me as a friend on bebo Im the moderater of that bebo group
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Congratulations on your first step in achieving your goal!

I hope you get feedbacks and help in your campaign against teen suicides.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 08:01 AM
    What you are doing can only help someone who has intentions or has had intentions of taking their own lives. Congratulations on your efforts. So often a person does not know where to turn - they feel so alone in their troubles. Thank you for posting the site here.
    DoYouRealliMeanThat Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Thanks... but I'm not quite sure what to do next... is it possible to make a place/phoneline at my age? I want to make it like a teen on teen thing instead of a teen talking to an adult and feeling weird about it. I would find it easier to talk to another teen about problems and stuff.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2007, 09:33 PM
    I think that it's a great idea with the site and all! And, I admire what you are trying to do! I went to your site on Bebo and checked it out. So far, so good! You already have some members. I think it was a total of eight when I visited. :)

At your age, I would suggest getting some live help and guidance from adults whom you know personally - maybe teachers or even the local government. The local government might be able to help with setting up some kind of phone line for teens who are troubled to call. I agree that peers talking with each other can be a great help to the one in need. Maybe all that person needs is to just talk things through with a person their own age. But, when the going gets really rough in the conversation and danger to another person just might be imminent, then I think that is where a professional needs to step in to help the person in need. As a teacher, I remember a number of times where a teen would have climbed on the span of one of our local bridges and threatened to jump. It would usually be teachers and other emergency personnel who would be there trying to help the teen.

If you have such a phone line to you or another teen who is helping you, one of you just might get a call from someone who is threatening to do just that - jump! It could be in the middle of the night when people might be less likely to see someone on a bridge who wants to commit suicide. You would need to have something in place for just such a situation, or another type of dire emergency, and that would be to channel the call and/or what is happening to the appropriate officials who can get to where the situation is and prevent a tragedy from happening. I also think that a teen who is answering calls of this nature, would have to have at least some training by an expert as far as what to ask and say to avoid a situation escalating and also to get some information from the person who is troubled as to where they are located.

Just some thoughts and ideas from me...

I really do think that it's neat that you are being such a proactive person! If you keep going in this direction, I can see you having a very special and bright future ahead for you! Please keep up the excellent work and ideas rolling!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

Planing to start business [ 3 Answers ]

HI This is Naresh DM, presently I am working in BPO now I just want to do a business. Could u help me. I just want to make a good carier in business field :)

What group? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the 70s funk song "Cisco Kid"?

View more questions Search