Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilhippychick2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Measurement of property line from neighbors
    I live in a rented trailer. We have neighbors around 2 car lengths away that bought a new vehicle and now parks almost right next to our trailer and plays their music loud next to our window. Is there a law that states the boundaries between tentants? My landlord is so tired of hearing from us about them that I don't want to call her because she will end up evicting both of us. I don't want to move but I just want to know the law on the measurement of property so that we can maybe tell them they can' t park right next to our trailer.

Thanks,
    Kristine
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 23, 2007, 06:28 AM
    You could probably get your property lines from your town hall, i.e. a survey done when the land was sectioned out for the trailer park. I don't think you will need your landlord's permission to do that as it is basically a matter of public record. That would give you guidelines.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Yep, the property lines should be relatively easy to get. Just so you know, in some spots, the easements are very small. I've seen spots where the houses were 3 feet apart! So it may be perfectly legal for the neighbor to park where they are. Which is an important distinction. Easments apply to building things, and I am pretty sure that they wouldn't stop someone from parking.

What you may want to look into is noise and nuisance ordinances. See if there are times that they are not allowed to play their music loudly, and approach it that way.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 23, 2007, 12:23 PM
    If this is in a trailer park, the park owner should be able to tell you where the property lines are. If this is a just a plot of land, you can go to the county to get a plat map. If you need to, get some inexpensive corner fencing to mark the corners of the property. If they are, parking on the property you rent, then you can call in the police for trespassing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbors survey of property [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor recently had the line surved between his and my property because I am in a land dispute with another lady. We join on two sides of my property. He only had one side surveyed and the line is not like him or I think. Does anyone know the legal requirements for surveying in Scott County...

Property Line Dispute [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Massachusetts, my family and I have resided in our home for approximately 9 years now. I have never surveyed our property, and just recently retrieved a copy of our property line map from the town hall. I have been saving money over the past several years to put up a fence as...

Property line hedges [ 8 Answers ]

22 years ago our neighbors planted a hedge on the property line. There are 40 trees that make up the hedge. Last week I trimmed 7 trees I trimmed branches that were encroaching my property and also cut them down to 7 feet. Now I received a letter from an attorney (a friend of his) threatening...

Property line [ 11 Answers ]

Our new neighbors have a wild hair to enforce the property line. We have a retaining wall separating our driveways. We built the retaining wall with the previous neighbors, both families sharing the cost. The new neighbors had a surveyor friend come and mark up the property, claiming that the true...

Property line [ 1 Answers ]

Our garage wall defines property line. Neighbor has planted invasive vine on our garage wall which is only accessible through their property. Is there a Civil Code I can quote which would disallow this foliage. We live in So. California.

View more questions Search