Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomlinsi58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Recognize Revenue from the transactions
    :( :confused: :confused: :(
    How do I identify when revenue should be recognized for the following?

Southwest Airlines sell you an advance-purchase airline ticket in September for your flight home at Christmas.

Ultimate Electronics sells you a home theatre on a "no money down, no interest, and no payments for one year" promotional deal.

Help! Thanks
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 05:43 PM
    There would be no revenue to record, since you are the one purchasing the items.

If you are wondering when Southwest and Ultimate records the sales….that is subjective, based on many additional factors.

Based on the information you provided…

I would say to book the revenue in December for Southwest and right now for Ultimate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone recognize this song? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm looking for a certain song but my dilema is this, I don't know the name of the song its driving me crazy cause I've heard it on the radio and everywhere I go but I can't seem to find it. Sigh The only words I remember to the song is this "its kind like a love song" that's...

Do you recognize this font? [ 1 Answers ]

I've got this font I'm trying to find for a client. It's "The simple pleasure" part here. Said her friend got it for her from mfont.com, which is non-existant... so I'm rooting through www.myfonts.com for it... but there's zillions. Anyone got a name for it that might help my search? ...

Recognize this? [ 4 Answers ]

The wall material in the photo seems to be some kind of glued and pressed bamboo? Anyone recognize it? It ain't drywall!

Computer does not recognize hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a big problem. Suddenly my bios does not recognize my harddisk anymore. Setup says it is not installed. I've checked the cables, they seem OK. I'm afraid to have lost all my data/harddrive. Does anyone knows what may be the problem? Thanks.

View more questions Search