Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    As I have not read the Bible nor done a comparative study,I wonder what the Bible says about Muhammad.

I believe that the original Armeniac(hope that is the right spelling) Bible will have some mention of our Prophet (pbuh)
    I was wondering about the Bibles available today.

I have read different articles regarding this and I found that it seems that there is a verse in Isaiah about a book being revealed to an unlettered person and is asked to read when it is replied that he is not learned.

This seems to match with the description of Muhammad(pbuh) because he was unlettered and he was asked to recite,but replies that he is unlettered.

Could someone give reference for this, or am I wrong.

Thank you.
    The Bible has no mention of Muhammad, it does not say there is another prophet to come after the Missiah. Jesus Christ is the Missiah and after him we have no need of another prophet
    Perhaps you would be wise to heed these words in Isaiah
    1:15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
    I will hide my eyes from you;
    Even if you offer many prayers,
    I will not listen.
    Your hands are full of blood;

16 wash and make yourselves clean.
    Take your evil deeds
    Out of my sight!
    Stop doing wrong,
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    This site would agree with you that Muhammad was mentioned in the Old Testament -
    Old-Testament describes Him

This site would not agree - Are There Predictions of Muhammad in the Old Testament?

For myself, that was never in any of my religious upbringing, no matter which denomination I belonged to. I do not mean to offend you in any way, but I cannot see it.
    That site you recommend the quotations speak of Jesus
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 08:42 PM
    No there is no mention of Muhammand in the bible, you may make a vague reference in the warning of false prophets to come but that would be as close as I would go.

Since this is in Christianity, I will give a direct opinion, it is obvious since the quran contains large parts of the Christian teachings, ( that he would have learned from his slaves and christian wife, but the thing is, that area had some incorrect christain teachings that was unique to that area, and they were develped into the quran.

So basically it is obvious to those who studied the quran from a christian view point that parts were taken from Christian teachings that Muhammad would had copied from their teachings
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    teachings that Muhammad would had copied from thier teachings
    As this is just your opinion, here is the muslim answer to that(not as a challenge but to correct a misconception.

EDIT::::As the answer I presented on this forum seems to be offending on a Christian board, I have moved it to Islam board and here is a link for any who wish to read.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...tml#post636757
    Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 11:13 PM
    I don't waste my time reading cut and paste, I guess I could do the same, but it is more than my opinoin, it is what is taught and many books written about it.

On the Isam board I will always show respect but on the Christianity board I wish christians to know the truth about how incorrect christian and other teachings were used by a man to control a population, and latter developed up into a religious following. I could easily come to the Islam board and cut and paste all the teachings of how it is false, following the sun god and not even related property to the original God of the old testement, but I don't because that is a board to discuss your faith, This is the christian board and the teachings of it will be presented to show the false teachings of Islam.
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Sep 30, 2007, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3
    The differences between Christianity and Islam are huge. This is only one of the major differences.

Also, Why limit it to where Jesus Himself says that He is God. Why not expand it to the whole Bible, because examples of scriptures testifying to that reality are found throughout the Bible (OT and NT). But to answer your specific question, we have a few examples where Jesus acknowledges or states that He is God. Here are a couple:

Rev 1:8
    8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
    NKJV

Rev 22:13-17
    13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. 16 I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."
    NKJV

The Alpha and Omega are identified elsewhere in scripture, such as Rev 1:8 quoted above. Note also that the reference above to the "First and the Last" is a reference to God. See this passage from the OT which indicates that to be the case:

Isa 44:6
    6 "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel,
    And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
    'I am the First and I am the Last;
    Besides Me there is no God.

NKJV

Note also in Is 44:6, that God calls Himself the Redeemer, another term for Jesus.

John 8:58-59
    58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." 59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
    NKJV

In this passage, Jesus not only claims the attribute of God of being outside of time, but also calls Himself "I AM", which is a title of God. The Jews recognized what he was saying and considered it blasphemy to call Himself God and took up stones as a result.

John 20:28-29
    28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
    NKJV

Note that Jesus acknowledges that what Thomas is saying about Jesus being God is true. We could also look at a multitude of other verses which clearly identify Jesus as God, for example:

John 1
    1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    NKJV

and

Isa 9:6
    6 For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
    NKJV

And there are many more references that I could give, but for the sake of brevity, I will stop here.
    Was the writer of Revelation a prophet?
    The reason for this was Jesus was in heaven and the source in the book was an angel.
    I thought that Jesus was the last prophet according to Christians (or as you say he is God in the flesh) so could this be a false prophet?
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonite
    Was the writer of Revelation a prophet?
    The reason for this was Jesus was in heaven and the source in the book was an angel.
    I thought that Jesus was the last prophet according to Christians (or as you say he is God in the flesh) so could this be a false prophet?
    First, what about the angel:

Rev 1:1
    And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,
    NKJV

He sent and signified it by His angel. So the angel was a messenger who brought a sign of the message. But was the angel the speaker? Let's see who is speaking:

Rev 1:4-8
    4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:

Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
    NKJV

Here we have two speakers, John and Jesus, and as of yet, the angel has been silent.

Rev 1:9-10
    9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
    NKJV

John speaks again. And then John described the other speaker:

Rev 1:10-15
    10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea." 12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
    NKJV

The other speaker, John actually sees and it is Jesus, and Jesus continues to speak throughout chapters 2 and 3. I could go on further, but your assumption about the speakers is wrong. Exactly what the role was of the angel in sending and signifying is not stated.

So you question regarding John being a false prophet - the answer is no. There is nothing here that would suggest that.

Jesus is in fact God manifest in the flesh (John 1:1, 1 Tim 3:16 and many others).

John 1:1-4
    1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
    NKJV

John 1:14-15
    14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
    NKJV

1 Tim 3:15-16
    16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
    God was manifested in the flesh,
    Justified in the Spirit,
    Seen by angels,
    Preached among the Gentiles,
    Believed on in the world,
    Received up in glory.
    NKJV
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Sep 30, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Ahhhhh was wondering about that.

The points Firmbeliever brings up do need checking on as I know from my studies that Jews and Christians in Mecca and Medina followed Muhammad.

It was not until after the death of Muhammad that the 3 religions started having problems with one another and yes some of them where caused by followers of Islam while others were caused by followers of Christianity. From the records I have been able to uncover the Jews left on their own accord with no animosity at that time.

This is what sometimes has me confused why the early followers of Muhammad included people of all faiths that started with Abraham.

Stay in peace
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 09:21 PM
    I guess Muhammad did not have much trouble, since they were either killed or made slaves as he captured their areas though military force and asked them to convert to his religion or die.

So I guess he would not believe he had any trouble.
    Expert

Oct 4, 2007, 05:43 AM
    I will agree with paraclete, one comes to the Christian board and posts teachings of a false prophet to Christianity and then complains when people tell the truth of that religion. The poster shows no respect to Christianity by posting their false beleifs on the Christian board.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 07:21 AM
    I apologise to those who feel offended.
    I asked a question and got the answer, it was not me who wished to argue or to convert people or to prove I am right.

I asked for informations sake and if you think that is wrong I am sorry,but I did get new information because I asked.

And me as a muslim asking on a Chrisitan thread is offensive I am not sure where I can ask about Chrisitianity.
    About posting about a "false Prophet", if I did post one, it would be in answer to a post/question in this thread.
    As non-believers of any faith can ask on any religious boards I do not really see anything wrong in asking a question.
    waddeks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Comment on carbonite's post
    Good point
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I apologise to those who feel offended.
    I asked a question and got the answer, it was not me who wished to argue or to convert people or to prove I am right.

I asked for informations sake and if you think that is wrong I am sorry,but I did get new information because I asked.

And me as a muslim asking on a Chrisitan thread is offensive I am not sure where I can ask about Chrisitianity.
    About posting about a "false Prophet", if I did post one, it would be in answer to a post/question in this thread.
    As non-believers of any faith can ask on any religious boards I do not really see anything wrong in asking a question.
    I don't see anything wrong with asking a question either.

Where I think that the problem here is, is that you came on the Christianity board, asked questions and then when you received responses, you said that you did not want to discuss, and essentially told us that we were wrong and that you were right even though you did not have any proof and knew neither the Bible or the Koran well enough to discuss it, and further told us that our Bible was corrupt, even though you had no proof of that either.
    faizanshaikh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Jibraeel(AS) once came to prophet(SAW) n said Allah has given me the knowledge to count every leaf on earth,every fish in the sea,every star in the sky and every partical of sand on earth,but there's one thing I can't count.
    Prophet (SAW)asked jibraeel(AS) whatis it?
    Jibraeel(AS) replied.. "when one of your ummah recites durood or salam to U,the blessings Allah showers upon him bcomes impossible for me to count!

By this hadith you can clearly understand even Jibraeel(AS) cannot count the blessing upon the prophet(pbuh)... so please study the life of the prophet(pbuh) and his companions... inshallah you will get all the answers.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by faizanshaikh View Post
    Jibraeel(AS) once came to prophet(SAW) n said Allah has given me the knowledge to count every leaf on earth,every fish in the sea,every star in the sky n every partical of sand on earth,but there's one thing i can't count.
    prophet (SAW)asked jibraeel(AS) whatis it??
    Jibraeel(AS) replied.. "when one of ur ummah recites durood or salam to U,the blessings Allah showers upon him bcomes impossible for me to count!!

by this hadith u can clearly understand even Jibraeel(AS) cannot count the blessing upon the prophet(pbuh).........so please study the life of the prophet(pbuh) and his companions....inshallah u will get all the answers.
    The Koran says to go to the injeel (The Christian Gospel). Have you?
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Muhummud in the Bible
    I stand by my original statement Muhummud is not directly mentioned in the Bible. There are references to false prophets and false Christs with the obvious warning not to be misled.

I am not a student of the quoran, since, when you know the truth you have no need to study other teachings, and as a Christian I have no wish to debate those other writings. What I know is this, many have been misled in both Christianity and Islam over the centuries into thinking that killing unbelievers is the way to please God. How can God be pleased by such attitudes? God (Yehweh) wants everyone to know the truth, that through the death of his son, Jesus Christ, God in human form, he has provided a way for all mankind to spend eternity basking in his glory. He doesn't ask us to earn this privilege with our works but to accept his way and his gift in humility. Jesus Christ marked a turning point in history and in our relationship with God.

The message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is simple, believe and receive, but it is unmistakable, no one comes to the father, (Yehweh) but through me (Jesus Christ). One needs the guidance of the Holy Spirit to truly see and this is freely provided.

If you have further questions I will gladly explain what I know but what knowledge I have of Muhummud shows a person who was confused about the source of the messages he received. God is not a God of confusion.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 11:06 PM
    Bobby,
    Thanks for the link to the site about Muhammad's False Prophecies
    Very interesting.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 03:52 PM

Firm,

There is Nothing in the Word of God (Bible)concerning Muhammad personally. I agree with Fr Chuck and Paraclete.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    Is the Christian New Testament used by Jews too?

I have not read the Bible, but I do read different articles written by different people regarding the monotheistic faiths.

Do bear with my ignorance on Jewish scriptures and Christian Scriptures.
    Firm,

The Lord Jesus is most defenitely in the Old testament as well as the New. He isn't revealed as the Lord Jesus until the new testament. Once you understand WHO he was, you will find him all through the Old testament. He is the one that was in the fiery furnnace with the three Hebrew boys, He is the one that wrestled with Jacob... and so on. So you are correct he is in the Word from Genesis all the way to Revelation! It is ALL about him.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 05:26 PM
    classyT
    I agree that there is nothing in the bible about Muhammad.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

What does te Bible say about. [ 7 Answers ]

What does the Bible have to say about Marijuana smoking? I would love to know if it's a sin (I assume it is) and why... if anyone could help I would appreciate it! Thanks .

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible question [ 119 Answers ]

:) Hello everyone, I have a question for all you Bible scholars. What is the theme of the Bible and what does it have to do with the end of this system of things? Thanks, Happyperson

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search