Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aubreesmama1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Depo shot
    So.. I am 14 about to be 15 in 5 days and me and my boyfriend want a baby.
    I don't need put downs people I juss need advice.
    We have had a miscarriage cz the baby grew in the wrong tube but, my mom made me get on the depo-shot and I have been on it for about 4 months and I go back for my next injection in November but, I think I am going to talk to my mom about it because I gained SOOOOOOOO much weight.
    Bt how do I talk to my mom without her thinking anything?
    && how long will it take for me to get pregnant? We are willing to wait but we are curious how long! Don't lie people please!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 11:21 AM
    For someone as young as you, pregnancy has a possibility of being dangerous. Your body is not yet prepared for carrying a baby.

If your mom knows you want to have a baby, she will probably think you want to try again if you ask to get off depo.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Sep 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Wow! You have so much living to do before thinking about a baby! I know you are thinking you've heard it all before and don't want to hear it again, but you really are too young to have a baby. It can be very harmful to your health physically and mentally! Stay on Depo, regardless of the weight gain. If the weight gain is that big a deal go exercise. And just so you know... it can take 18 months or more to get pregnant after stopping depo. Take your time and at least wait until you are of legal age to vote before thinking about having a baby. How would you support it? I doubt your mom wants to be responsible for a baby. More than likely if you got pregnant you wouldn't finish school. You certainly can't get a good job without an education. Just think about it. Why do you want to have a baby? How old is your boyfriend?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 22, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Let's look at it this way... Just some perspective for you, okay?

A 15 year old has a higher incidence of miscarriage, low birth weight babies, PIH (Pregnancy induced hypertension) that can be EXTREMELY dangerous to mother and baby, and premature delivery, among many other problems.

Now, we have the baby. If born low birth weight, that comes with a load of problems itself, some can be permanent. If born premature death can be a possibility and if the infant lives you run serious risks of developmental delays and/or mental retardation.

Babies born to teens also have a higher incidence of being abused as well as a very high possibility of SIDS.

Your mother is doing the right thing for you. You are NOT ready to be a parent. Babies are not there to love mommy, babies are work, and 21 years down the road (when you are only 36) your children are STILL work.

Babies are all about ME ME ME, not love, not cuddling. Do you have the patience for being up all night with a sick infant who is crying inconsolably then go to school and take a biology test? Nah, you aren't ready for that, no one is. Who is going to buy the diapers? Pay for doctors, hospitals?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on and off the depo shot for the last 2 years. I am 34 years old and we really want to get pregnant. I know age has a factor along with being on the shot. I am going to see the ob Dr. Is there anything you can take to speed up the process?:confused: :confused:

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long do you have too be off the shot before you try too get pregnant?

Getting off the depo shot. Or not. [ 2 Answers ]

hello. My name is josie and I'm 24 yrs of age. I'm engaged to be married next year. (by then I will already be 25) my future husband and I plan to get pregnant by 27. I've been on the DEPO shot for about 2-3 yrs. I haven't had a period since. I'm due back for my next injection on the 28th of this...

Getting off the depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am 28 years old and getting ready to get married to a wonderful man.:p I was on the depo shot for 3 years and I have now been off it for about 6 weeks, maybe not quite that long, but I have had bleeding for the past 5 weeks and it is driving me crazy. It will tease me, I will go all...

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

I need help what's the side effects of getting off the depo shot I've been on it for 6 months and never got back on it but I haven't got my period since is this bad and plus my breast has been hurting a swelling is this part of the symptoms of getting off it so soon. I got off the depo shot because...

View more questions Search