Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Sep 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
    2 freaking pounds!
    What the hell is going on with my body!

I was 130 and went up to 132 magically.

I been dieting very strictly and working out and I'm still 132!!

What the hell is wrong with my body? Why haven't I lost any weight?

I don't want muscle weight!!
    I just want to loose the numbers.

Someone help?

Am I doing something wrong?

I mean I'm eating 5-6 times a day (small meals) all healthy food (whole grains, fiber, fruits,veggies, a lot of water, etc)
    I am barley having protein but that's besides the point.

Normally after a week my body at least goes down a pound but I have no idea why my body isn't losing weight or how I gained the two pounds to begin with.

I work out 6x a week for 30-60 minutes (depending on the day) and nothing!!

:(
    I don't want to be 132 anymore! Its disgusting.

EDIT:
    Also, I used to be a 155, I lost 25 pounds (now 130-132)
    Is it possible for me to even lose more weight? Or am I stuck with gaining muscle weight?
    Can I avoid muscle weight?

I do a exercise dvd called SLimin6
    Slim in 6

It's a good program
    ITs 6 weeks and its low-high intensity workout.
    Week 1- 30 minutes
    Week 2- 47 minutes
    Week 3-6= 60 minutes

It does invovle resistance bands but I didn't get pu to that portion yet, Right now I'm on Week one but Monday I start week two.

I really don't want muscle weight.
    I just want to look tone, and tinier.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 09:36 AM
    How tall are you, and what is your BMI? Would you say that the fat on your body exceeds the normal guidelines? You cannot just go by how much you weigh. If you are working out as much as you are, you are very well toned and have good muscle mass. Muscle does weigh more than fat. If you are concerned, I would suggest making an appointment with a doctor or nutritionist/dietician, to figure out what your perfect weight should be.

Sep 22, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    How tall are you, and what is your BMI? Would you say that the fat on your body exceeds the normal guidelines? You cannot just go by how much you weigh. If you are working out as much as you are, you are very well toned and have good muscle mass. Muscle does weigh more than fat. If you are concerned, I would suggest making an appointment with a doctor or nutritionist/dietician, to figure out what your perfect weight should be.
    I am 5'3 or 5'4. Between that. BMI? Well coming from the computer I am.. 23.
    But I don't believe I nthat stuff because you can weigh 150 and be really skinny I guess so I don't like to follow BMI

I mean I want to be tinier of course but then when I see the nubmer o n the scale you have no idea how mad I get.
    I want to be 120 so bad but of course I got ot work out, but then when I see I gained muscle weight I just feel even fatter.

I don't weight, weigh ti is a big thing for me cause through life I was always the chubby kid. I was 155 a while ago so to be down to 130ish makes me happy but I push for me.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Doing a BMI just over the internet won't help you. If you truly feel that you need to lose more weight, do as I suggested, go to the doctor or a dietician/nutritionist. They will be able to pinpoint what you should weigh and what you need to do to achieve your ideal weight. You are still young. If you continue to exercise and eat right, as you have been doing, your fat to muscle ratio will adjust itself and your body will take on the correct proportions. Please don't beat yourself up and get upset over two pounds. It isn't worth the aggravation. Again, if you have been working out, it is muscle mass that is building up, not fat. AND, body fat is what you have to be concerned about. Sounds like you are doing the right things. Just keep at it and don't get upset. Are you possibly expecting your period? You may be retaining water and that can put on a couple of pounds.

Sep 22, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Edit

My doctor is an idiot. She doesn't help me at all that's hwy its os hard ot go to her.

No I just got my period Spetember 4th so I'm good for now haha

Thank you though.

So oyur saying I will balance out eventually?
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 11:07 AM
    As you eat and work out properly, your body starts to shift to where it should be. You lose fat in the right places and gain muscle in the right places. It just take time for everything to "shift" into the right place. Just keep up the good work, make sure you are eating the proper portions of the right foods, and that your exercise program is geared toward your body type. If you belong to a gym, one of their trainers should be able to work up a good workout program for you to follow that will get you the results you are looking for, especially if you are focusing on losing fat in certain areas.

Sep 22, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Oh okay thank you.
    Yes I'm going to continue working out, eatign right ,take my vitimans, just hopefully the number drops.

When I was with a gym they said, The first month in the gym I am going to gian msuckle weight but then I'm going to lose the nubmers and slim down.

So maybe this will happen
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 11:20 AM
    What they told you is correct. It really does help when you have professional input from someone who can see your body type and analyze exactly what you are doing for physical exercise, along with how much & what, you are eating & drinking. Since you have edited your original post, I am sorry to say I can't add anything more here. I am not familiar with that exercise DVD and I really do not know if you are targeting the areas you need to target or if you are burning off more calories than you are ingesting. Maybe someone else will stop by who can help you with this further. :)

Sep 22, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Thank you .
    I am mainly focusing on ym belly area and maybe hips?

ARGH I just weight myself again it said I'm 130-131 ( I use two scales LOL)
    But I just used the bathroom so I'm guessing that othe are ound was water weight?

Idk I'm not giving up I'm going to keep doing what I do :)

Thanks so much.
    I'm going to try not to feel bad if I see my weight go up, I just need ot understand its muscle. Hopefully I can get a nutritionist or someone to help me with my body and find my perfect weight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I let him know I am into him without freaking him out? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I am back and this time I have a new question. How do I let a guy know I like him and would like to get to know him better without making him think that I want us to date or get married? As I said in my last post, he didn't email me back over the weekend and I was worried that...

My period is freaking out. [ 8 Answers ]

OK... I kind of started my period... there was a little bit of pink in the toilet paper... I usually do that the night or so before I start... but its been over 24 hours and I still haven't started now I don't even have any 'little bit of pink'... what could cause this?? :eek:

Freaking out now [ 12 Answers ]

OK I'm in my house alone I'm used to hearing foot steps and doors opeaning every once in a while but this is just crazy I was waching TV heard foot steps behind me and the lights when on and off it wasn't flickering the swich clicked like it does when people turn them off then they clicked back on...

I'm freaking out [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had sex on Sunday... it is now Monday. We didn't use a condom but... he swears he did not skeet iside of me. Ive read that guys can feel it when they are about to inside a girl and I also read you can get pregnant from pre-skeet. Im scared out of my mind that I'm pregnant. I...

Any help please... freaking out! [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone any idea what it could be Saturday I started having this weird feeling in my private parts.. Well illtry to explain it.. When I go pee…after I'm done…it feels like I still need to pee…like I have been holding it for hours you know that burning type feeling? Well I know a tract...

View more questions Search