Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flybuzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2005, 09:47 AM
    Anyone with Lexus-Nexus access??
    I'm looking for a service (hopefully free) like Lexus-Nexus where I can find legal rulings as they come out. For example news on the never ending patent infringement lawsuits between Rambus and NTP -- or patent rulings on Medtronic etc. A online source where you can search by a company name for current rulings.

I would appreciate any thoughts or help.

Thank you :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2005, 07:25 AM
    You'll find Lexus-Nexus is very protective.

Even if you find someone with an account, you will not be able to access the info. L-N only allows registered computers to access it.
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Oct 5, 2005, 05:26 AM
    Registered computers?
    Really Rick? I know that in many cases you may not be able to PRINT off a computer that is not registered. But I had Lexis in Law School and could gain access with my password from anywhere. Things may have changed since then(4 years ago) and I now use Westlaw so I wouldn't know anything more recent.

To answer the original question, no lawyer that I know is going to pass out his Lexis/Westlaw password on the internet. That could get you in a lot of trouble. Try a site like findlaw.com.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2005, 05:39 AM
    About a year ago I asked around about the same thing.

I ran into a guy who had an account and said that he has to tell L-N in advance what computers (IP address and location) he'd be accessing the account from.

I suppose maybe this was due to the type of account he had with them.

... or maybe he was pulling my leg!

Back to the original question: IF L-N is specifically what you're looking for, call your local public and college libraries: They might have a membership for use by their patrons.

I called Franklin University here in town out of curiosity: They do have an account for use by folks with a library card.
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Oct 5, 2005, 05:44 AM
    Printing
    Lexis was a real pain when I was in school. No matter where you accessed it from, the printing would always go to the law school library.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexus-Nexus access [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for someone who has access to Lexus-Nexus. I need info on the murder of Mary Jakubiak in Chicago area (Cook County, Illinois). It is believed that she was murdered by her husband, Michael Jakubiak, circa July to Sep 1930. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Anyone with Lexus-Nexus access? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for someone who has access to Lexus-Nexus. I need info on the murder of Mary Jakubiak in Chicago area (Cook County, Illinois). It is believed that she was murdered by her husband, Michael Jakubiak, circa July to Sep 1930. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Lexus-Nexus Database? [ 4 Answers ]

View more questions Search