Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Countrygrl4509 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 04:19 AM
    She's taking over my turf!
    I've been with my boyfriend for years. I'm very comfortable with him and his friends. For the past several months, he has lived with his best friend and roommate from college, who I consider a friend as well. His roommate is rarely home (he works late and usually takes off on the weekends) so my boyfriend and I more often than not have the apartment to ourselves. We're a very low key couple and we tend to stay in and relax rather than go out and get drunk. This is just the way I like it. I would never want to be in a relationship where my boyfriend tries to force me to act in a way that's not me. We go dancing with our friends every few weeks but I really look forward to quiet weekends together.

I'm still in college myself. I attend a very academically rigorous school. I live in an apartment with seven of my best friends. We study nonstop during the week and my friends love to party on the weekends. They usually pressure me to party with them and when I say I would rather go see my boyfriend, they make me feel like an idiot. Often, I feel left out in my own apartment.

So being at school is a pretty stressful and unpredictable environment for me. That's why I so look forward to going to be with my boyfriend on the weekends. It's my time to relax and unwind and be myself with someone I love so much.

So here's the problem. My boyfriend's roommate has just started dating a new girl. She's my age (a senior in college) and seems nice enough. The only problem is, she has taken over their apartment. Last night, she invited me to sit down like I had never been there before, like I was a guest and she was in charge. I've never felt more uncomfortable and out of place there. In a place that used to be my sanctuary and is really the only place that I can completely relax (I like to go home to see my parents, but I can't really be myself around them either). Now I feel like an outsider at my boyfriend's apartment, a place that I've always thought of as a second home. And last night, my boyfriend and I had a fight over this and he ended up leaving me alone at their place and going to the bars with his roommate and the new girl. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Will I ever feel at home in their apartment again? This has me really, really, really upset!

P.S. Please no one tell me to become best friends with the girl so we can be one big happy family. That is probably not going to happen.
    Countrygrl4509 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 04:31 AM
    P.S. I threw a fit about this in front of his roommate and his friends. I think they convinced him to leave me and go to the bar last night. It frustrates me so much because his roommate and I were always friends and he was such a jerk to me this weekend now that this new girl is around. It's a lose/lose for me all around, I guess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Turf until [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 3.5hp turf until tiller, and I need to know which belt fits it I think the model #is 216 100 502. Please help me

She's Gone [ 1 Answers ]

My question is simple: I had this girlfriend right, she was the greatest part of my life and I loved her more than anything and still do. She was unhappy in the end of our relationship and left, it was only a year and a half long but she was my life for that whole period and now I don't know how...

Can I lay real grass/turf on my balcony? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a decked balcony and was wondering if anyone knows if I can lay turf /grass on it and if so any tips. Also have a rabbit so needs to be rabbit friendly!!

She's Confused. Now I am too! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My girlfriend (20) and I (24) have been dating for two years now. Our relationship used to be perfect. A while back, I went away to Europe for a month. While I was gone, my girlfriend became really good “friends” with this guy who I don’t like at all and started hanging out with...

So she's gone [ 5 Answers ]

Sad distemperment realms my thoughts, knawing at my heart. No chance to falter and fall into dismalness, *poof* I appear in its hell before the wool burns from my eyelids. Searching the skyline for a horizon that won't come... a clear day sunset that no longer exsist at the end of my day. ...

View more questions Search