Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Sep 21, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Reverse Cell Phone Search
    I have a cell phone number that I am needing to who belongs to. Its not a blocked number but I get calls during all times of the day, but when I answer they just hang up. If I call back, they don't answer, and their voicemail recording is an automated recording. I am almost positive I know who it is, but I would just like to make sure. I have found online "reverse cell phone searches" but I am curious if they actually work. I do realize I have to pay for the information, which is no problem. I am just wondering if anyone has tried this before and if you get accurate information.
    andrewyha Posts: 20, Reputation: 6

Sep 21, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Look up the code with your service provider. There is normally a code to trace a call. After they call, you type it in and they'll tell you what number just called.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewyha
    look up the code with your service provider. there is normally a code to trace a call. after they call, you type it in and they'll tell you what number just called.
    She said the number isn't blocked. She knows the number, just wants to know who it belongs to. :)

Sep 21, 2007, 10:08 PM
    I know the number. They don't ever block it. I am just wondering if the reverse searches work.

Sep 21, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Yes it should work. You might also try calling 411?

Sep 21, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Thank you for your answer Andrew. Have you tried these sites? I just don't want to spend money on this and receive inaccurate information.

Sep 21, 2007, 10:17 PM
    No I haven't personally used the sites , but have had friends use them successfully. I personally would try something like 411 first before using a web site.;0

Sep 22, 2007, 04:13 AM
    What does 411 do? I thought it was just like calling to find the number to your local bowling alley or something?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Cell phone numbers are generally NOT listed in any directories. You can try anywho.com, but its unlikely the number is listed.

If the calls are harassing you, contact your service provider, they have procedures in place for dealing with this type of thing.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 22, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Another good resource is switchboard.com
    Again, cell numbers are rarely listed due to several factors...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cell phone [ 2 Answers ]

How do I retrieve a message on voice mail that was not deleted? It simply vanished. It was not deleted.

Cell phone [ 1 Answers ]

First I miss you guys also. I downloaded s40 java games on my memory card using Nokia N72 and saved them on my memory card but when I inserted the card into Nokia 6230i the games didn't show but are still saved in the card. Tell me the software I should download that will make me view these games...

Cell phone reverse search [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to search via cell phone number only? WITHOUT having to use a site where u have to pay for the service! 07880.. which UK network is this? Thanks.

Reverse search email address [ 3 Answers ]

G'day, Could you please advise whether there is a free site to find a persons street address, or any other information from their email address, thank you, Regards, Shaun

View more questions Search