Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    If you are already using a Dremel Moto Tool, then you are well on your way in the steps to learning how to use a table saw and sanders of various sorts. The Moto Tool in itself, can be very tricky to use, depending on what you are using it for. I find it to be an indispensable tool in my workshop.
    I have no idea how I missed this note. Thank you for your positive attitude and good advice.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Here are some links on which there is information that can help you in using this site.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/announcements/

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedback/

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum-help/

I have sent you another private message. If you look up at the right hand corner of the screen, there should be an icon of a colored envelope that is moving in some way to show you that you have mail.
    Thanks again for helping me navigate. A few more messages and your instruction and my reading the links, who knows, I may be able to sail through this and actually not feel like I am a three year old. I actually am not totally computer illiterate, just new to question and answer forum. Thanks for your patience! :) It might help also if I started earlier in the evening! LOL
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2007, 12:10 AM
    Again, you are welcome! And again, you are doing fine with posting and being involved on this site!

You know, I know exactly how you feel...

Yes, here I am! But, I have to get to bed soon! I don't watch t.v. and when I practice, it is very much like work. So, being on here is kind of filling a void for relaxation for me. Plus, it keeps my mind active. I have just practiced for several hours on the piano for the job I mentioned in my PM. That was nothing but work. Wedding reception at a ritzy downtown Chicago hotel. I got to be good! One hour with just me and the lead trumpet player for the band, one hour with just me playing alone. And then, I think the gig with the band is three hours. I am going to be totally shot by the end of the evening!

I do know exactly how you feel when first coming on a site like this when you have never done such a thing. I have never "chatted" online or communicated online in any other means other than by email. I have never participated in any online question and answer boards before. But, I am a member of a few now, that mainly concern music. But, I do find this site to be the most enjoyable because of the variety of topics.

I remember when I received my first private message on this site; when I saw that little envelope doing what ever it does in the upper right hand corner and thinking, (in a little bit of shock) "What the heck is that?" Is someone really wanting to communicate with me on this site?" "What for?" I thought that you just asked and answered questions here.

Anyway, you already know what's up. We will be in touch!
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Again, you are welcome!! And again, you are doing fine with posting and being involved on this site!!

You know, I know exactly how you feel...

Yes, here I am! But, I have to get to bed soon! I don't watch t.v., and when I practice, it is very much like work. So, being on here is kind of filling a void for relaxation for me. Plus, it keeps my mind active. I have just practiced for several hours on the piano for the job I mentioned in my PM. That was nothing but work. Wedding reception at a ritzy downtown Chicago hotel. I gotta be good! One hour with just me and the lead trumpet player for the band, one hour with just me playing alone. And then, I think the gig with the band is three hours. I am going to be totally shot by the end of the evening!

I do know exactly how you feel when first coming on a site like this when you have never done such a thing. I have never "chatted" online or communicated online in any other means other than by email. I have never participated in any online question and answer boards before. But, I am a member of a few now, that mainly concern music. But, I do find this site to be the most enjoyable because of the variety of topics.

I remember when I received my first private message on this site; when I saw that little envelope doing what ever it does in the upper right hand corner and thinking, (in a little bit of shock) "What the heck is that?" Is someone really wanting to communicate with me on this site?" "What for?" I thought that you just asked and answered questions here.

Anyway, you already know what's up. We will be in touch!!
    I am looking forward to it!

Now that I know that being on the forum is a form of relaxation for you, I won't feel so bad taking so much time when I have questions, although I know you have lots of questions from others to address!
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 11:25 PM
    The following images are of me doing some finishing up concerning thumb pianos that others have made and who I have guided in the making of them.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2008, 11:32 PM
    I am so glad to see you posted these images. There sure are a lot of ways to build and decorate "Thumb Pianos". These were quite creative and the 12 notes would make them more versatile. Loved seeing them.
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2008, 11:37 PM
    Yes, twelve notes is a good way to go if they are to be tuned diatonically so that a person can play melodies on them such as you might find in the Western world of music.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2008, 11:43 PM
    So, you are not only creative with music, refinishing furniture, and tuning pianos but also creative with many other art forms. The Renassaince man, you seem to always be adapting and renewing. :)
    cjke303 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Where I live, there are over 1,000 thumb pianos that I have made with kids in schools as well as churches where I have been the music person. I made all of the kits and the kids put them together. No kid has ever had to pay for one. Most of them have twelve notes and are tuned diatonically, which means that you can actually play real, western world melodies on them, unlike those that originated in Africa. The resonating chambers of these thumb pianos were small boxes rather than the board used for resonating like the ones you are talking about.

There are now many sources for thumb pianos online. All you would need to do is put thumb piano kits into a Google search. Thumb Piano Kits - Google Search

Are you wanting to purchase completed instruments or make them yourself? From what you have posted, it sounds like you want to purchase completed instruments and then decorate them.

If you want to know how to make the one that you are describing, then I can definitely help you with that. Making them is not hard to do. Anyone can do it.

Please let me know. Thank you!

Can you help me out? I'm still a student at NM... we having a project...
    So I want to know if you will teach how to make that thumb piano.. thank you...
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 01:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjke303 View Post
    can you help me out? i'm still a student at NM...we having a project...
    so i want to know if you will teach how to make that thumb piano ..thank you...
    Well hello, cjke303!

Welcome to this thread! Yes, I can help you! But, this thread is kind of old and not really visible by most people on this site. It's been archived. Most likely, the only people who are going to notice it will be those who have posted on it, and maybe some who go to the Crafts forum topic area. How did you find it, please?

As far as how to build one, if you would start a new thread in Crafts or Art, that would be best.

Please do so sometime in either of those forum topic areas, and I'll be glad to show you how.

It would be best to start fresh on this rather than continue on this thread, since yours is a new question.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1898 Piano [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know what a 1898 Adam Schaaf upright piano is worth

Piano Tuning [ 2 Answers ]

I'm curious if anyone can give me an idea of how much it costs to tune a piano. I recently bought a used 1970's vintage Cable-Nelson Spinet and it needs slight tuning. I live in the New England area if that helps.

Thumb sucking [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do to stop my daughter from sucking her finger...

Thumb sucking [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is addicted to keep her thumb in mouth. She often do this when she feel sleepy. I tried several times to remove, but she is not. Can anyone suggest a best practive to avoid this. Please fast. Regards, Krishna _ India

Learning the Piano [ 9 Answers ]

Can one of those portable keyboards be used to learn the piano. If so, which one would you recommend?

View more questions Search