Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Girish17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Taxed for income earned in Abroad
    Hi ,

My question is why should we pay tax for the income earned abroad in India.
    I am working for an India based company and got deputed to Cannada on work for 7 months, I am been paid in canadian dollars and I paid tax here, now when I went back to india my company is asking me to pay tax for the income earned abroad .

Please help me on this as I need to pay large sum of money.

Regards,
    Girish
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 22, 2007, 01:04 PM
    This is similar to your last post, which I already answered.

BTW, MOST countries do NOT tax their citiziens on income earned in a foreign country. If they do, they will give you credit (usually rupee-for-rupee in yor case) for the tax paid to the foreign country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding Taxing for Amount earned abroad in India [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We are residents of India and on official job I came to work in Canada I worked here for 7 months when I was back to india we had file tax now I have been asked to pay tax for the income earned abroad. My salary was blocked in India when I left for canada and I was paid salary in Canada. ...

Earned income credit [ 1 Answers ]

How exactly does earned income credit work? I just had a baby in September, and was wondering if I definitely would get money back for her or just how it works basically.

Earned Income Credit [ 1 Answers ]

I and my wife with our one year old child came to US as permanent residents in the month of Sept.2006. Can my child qualify for Earned Income Credit by following Green Card Test under Residency Test.

Ira for retired with no earned income [ 1 Answers ]

Retired with income from investments, social security and pension. Can I invest in a roth or regular ira?

Earned Income Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I am an Indian national who entered US on F1 visa in Aug 2002 and am currently on OPT. I have been filing my tax returns all these years using cintax software which used 1040NREZ and 8843. I graduated in May 2005 and have been on OPT since then. I worked on F1 visa till May 2005...

View more questions Search