Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Taser This
    Following in the footsteps of Andrew "don't taze me, bro" Meyer, the Colorado State University student newspaper's editorial board expressed their first amendment rights today:

TASER THIS
    Issue date: 9/21/07 Section: News

F**k BUSH

This is the view of the Collegian editorial board.
    Apprently they, along with notables such as Joe Conason at Salon.com, "Medea Benjamin of Code Pink, who is regularly arrested for protesting at public events" and Chris Matthews of Hardball shame all see Bush at the core of this poor, innocent slob's shock treatment for merely 'exercising his first amendment rights.'

Is Bush to blame for this schmuck getting Tazed, or has Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS) reached new highs (or lows)?
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Sep 21, 2007, 03:47 PM
    I believe that the BDS has reached a new ridiculous high, with probably more antics to follow. Apparently that poor stupid schmuck (in the true sense of the word), has a reputation as a prankster, and in this pre-planned act gained his 15 minutes of fame. Reports indicate that once out of camera range he appeared sane and friendly to the cops. Let's face it, GWB is to blame for everything bad that has befallen the human race in the last 7 years, from Global Warming, the death of Anna Nicole Smith, and to the fact that Rosie O. is a fat troll. It was also reported that this event was the most electrifying performance give by John Kerry.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 21, 2007, 04:05 PM
    While I don't condone excessive use of force, from the multiple videos available, this guy had a choice. He knew what he was doing. Has he not ever seen an episode of COPS?
    Has he ever been to a bar or nightclub? You cause a comotion, and they are not going to plead with you to just please go.

Yes the diagnosis is BDS.

He said that Kerry had 2 hours to speak and he was going to have his turn.
    He was going to "inform" us.
    He asked multiple questions and did not give Kerry a second to reply.
    "Don't you want to be president?," he asked of Kerry. Like duuuh, why would he run for president in the first place?
    He just went on ranting.
    Then comments from the audience like "rodney king" and other people getting up in the face of the campus police. Don't they have any common sense?

Grace and Peace
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
    I don't think Bush is to blame for this. He's not the best, but he's not the worst either. People will always complain about any president. I think this kid knew what he was doing. He was maybe trying to get tasered or at least make a scene. Security could have though he was a threat. I mean, we're in a war right now; safety is on everyone's mind. The guy who tasered him probably thought it was better to be safe then sorry. The kid was being rude, anyway. There is a right way and a wrong way to do stuff. Harassing a politician is the wrong way.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Didn't you know? EVERYTHING is Bush's fault! EVERYTHING! Got the flu? Bush. Late to work? Bush. Got tazed because you are an attention wh**e? Bush.

I say this and I'm not even a Bush supporter...
    hotcakesnsyrup Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Ok, I'm normally not really into politics and all, but think about this. True, every one has the freedom to the first amendment (freedom of speech) However, that can be taken too literally. In my opinion, he (the student) deserved to get tased as it was put. Because even though he was expressing his right to the first amendment, he should be careful what he says, especially when it comes to talking about the president.

We may all have that right freedom of speech, but its only to a certain point. Freedom of speech wouldn't allow you to go into a crowded theater and scream "fire" when there isn't one. In reality, if someone wants to express there opinions about the president, they really should keep it to themselves, especially if it something like that.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 05:12 PM
    FWIW, I don't think his right to free speech was taken away. He went over his time limit and his mic was shut off (fair enough). Then an officer went to take the mic away and he became belligerent. He lunged at the stage a few times and resisted being removed from the room. He was tazed (in my opinion) because he could have been a threat to the others in the room, and oh yeah, let's not forget there was a FREAKIN' SENATOR on the stage! Come on, it wasn't Paula Deen sharing her best cookie recipe, it was a SENATOR! There's a lot of loonies in this world, how could they know he wasn't going to rush the stage or cause physical harm to someone.

Then the nasty part of me says he was an attention wh**e and deserved it, but that's not what this is really about, lol! :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 02:34 AM
    You should see what happens away from the camera when a clown runs onto a baseball field. John Stewart called the incident a combination of police over-reaction and what appears to be student douche-baggery.But he missed the basic point ;resist arrest /get zapped it's as simple as that . To me it is a much better way to deal with this situation then the old billy club days .

"Tonight we talk about the video we've all seen, the video of the University of Florida student, Andrew Meyer, being tasered at a John Kerry speech. By the way, considered one of the most pleasant outcomes of attending a Kerry speech. Many people, from what I've seen, choose to be tasered.” –Jon Stewart
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    resist arrest /get zapped it's as simple as that . To me it is a much better way to deal with this situation then the old billy club days.
    I thought that was shockingly obvious :)

"Tonight we talk about the video we've all seen, the video of the University of Florida student, Andrew Meyer, being tasered at a John Kerry speech. By the way, considered one of the most pleasant outcomes of attending a Kerry speech. Many people, from what I've seen, choose to be tasered.” –Jon Stewart
    LOL, that must be what else the cameras didn't catch, all the folks in the audience yelling "taze me, bro."
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Following in the footsteps of Andrew "don't taze me, bro" Meyer, the Colorado State University student newspaper's editorial board expressed their first amendment rights today:

Apprently they, along with notables such as Joe Conason at Salon.com, "Medea Benjamin of Code Pink, who is regularly arrested for protesting at public events" and Chris Matthews of Hardball shame all see Bush at the core of this poor, innocent slob's shock treatment for merely 'exercising his first amendment rights.'

Is Bush to blame for this schmuck getting Tazed, or has Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS) reached new highs (or lows)?
    What the president is doing is chipping away at liberty, so I fully agree with the editorial right to voice said opinion.
    How about the Presidents total contempt for the American people that he displayed by sticking his middle finger towards camera just prior to a presidential address?
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    I thought that was shockingly obvious :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomder55
    resist arrest /get zapped it's as simple as that . To me it is a much better way to deal with this situation then the old billy club days.

I thought that was shockingly obvious

LOL, that must be what else the cameras didn't catch, all the folks in the audience yelling "taze me, bro."

Right, and those darned rebels at Kent State got what they deserved!
    ;)
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 04:32 PM
    As for the "F**K BUSH" bit.. .

I prefer to view it as both a double entendre and as a reminder that all work and no play makes Growler's Significant Other woefully undersexed. :D
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    What the president is doing is chipping away at liberty, so I fully agree with the editorial right to voice said opinion.
    How about the Presidents total contempt for the American people that he displayed by sticking his middle finger towards camera just prior to a presidential address?
    For crying out loud, every reporter in attendance at that event went on record in Bush's defense and said that it was most definitely his thumb and not his middle finger.

Look, if you want to hate our Mental Midget In Chief, then hate him for the things he *HAS* done to abrogate our rights.. . Not for the imagined slights promulgated by the Left Wing media and Late Night entertainers.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Right, and those darned rebels at Kent State got what they deserved!
    ;)

Gawd, you really think so?

Ahem.

You're kind of sick in the head there, DC.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgrowler
    For crying out loud, every reporter in attendance at that event went on record in Bush's defense and said that it was most definitely his thumb and not his middle finger.

Look, if you want to hate our Mental Midget In Chief, then hate him for the things he *HAS* done to abrogate our rights. . . Not for the imagined slights promulgated by the Left Wing media and Late Night entertainers.
    I wasn’t there, I don’t know for sure, I only saw a picture... and it was with a middle finger extended. Either way, and I really don’t care whether he did or didn’t, I don’t like him.:D
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Gawd, you really think so?

Ahem.

You're kinda sick in the head there, DC.
    No, I don’t really think so, any more than I believe the Colorado State University student should have been tasered.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 22, 2007, 05:15 PM
    How about the handling of the student arrested at the airport with the hoax bomb, claiming to be an "artistic expression"?? The extraordinary acts of stupidity have risen to new lows.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 05:17 PM
    No, I don’t really think so, any more than I believe the Colorado State University student should have been tasered.
    Well, you know what they say about opinions and a certain orifice, right?

Anyhow...

I stand by my original appraisal, you're kind of sick in the head.

HAND!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Well, you know what they say about opinions and a certain orifice, right?

Anyhow....

I stand by my original appraisal, you're kinda sick in the head.

HAND!!!!
    I’ll take that as a complement...
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    How about the handling of the student arrested at the airport with the hoax bomb, claiming to be an "artistic expression"?!?! The extraordinary acts of stupidity have risen to new lows.
    That is as illogical as comparing what the student did to shouting fire in a crowded movie theater; which has been done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search