Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jam22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Low Hot Water Pressure Only on Newly Installed Faucet
    I just had a new bathroom faucet installed about a week ago. Today when I turned on the hot water side, I had full pressure, then pressure went low and has stayed that way. The cold side is fine. Did something break or could it be installed wrong? Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 21, 2007, 12:59 PM
    " Did something break or could it be installed wrong?"
    Neither one! Most likely some minerals built up in the hot water pipe walls was disturbed and found its way into the hot water inlet ports of the cartridge. Shut the water off to the valve and pull the cartridge. Check and clear the hot water inlet ports. Now turn the water back on for minute to flush out the hot water supply and valve body. Reassemble and test. Better now? Good luck, Tom
    jam22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Just wanted to let you know that you were exactly right! However when I went to shut off the hot water at the shut off valve underneath the sink, it wouldn't shut off the water. I had to shut off the main valve. Then when the faucet was taken off, there was a piece of hard rubber underneath the faucet cartridge. The shut off valve needed replaced, also. When we looked inside, a piece of the rubber lining inside the valve was broken off. This was the hard piece of rubber that was in the faucet cartridge! It must have went straight up the line to the faucet. Thank you very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Low hot water pressure in replaced faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the faucet in a first floor bathroom, cold water is fine but hot water flow was almost non existent. I checked and cleaned the screen in the tap which did increase the flow to a trickle but still nothing like an acceptable flow. I checked the hot water supply pipe and that is fine (I...

Low hot water pressure in kithen faucet [ 5 Answers ]

My Price Pfhister kitchen faucet has low water pressure on the hot side only,, when I use the sprayer it seems fine and the cold is fine,it is a kind that has 2 ceramic knobs and a separate sprayer,, thanks for the help, Chris

Low Pressure on Hot Water Side in two sided tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am in escrow on a home, extremely well-maintained, 17-yr old home. The master has a jucuzzi style tub. The faucet has two knobs, one for hot, one for cold. The cold comes out fine. When the inspector turned on the hot water, the faucet leaked and the hot water pressure was low. He...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search