Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gr8bellydancr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Mouth and Tongue Numbness
    Over the past several weeks (approx. 3) I have been experiencing a significant amount of numbness in my mouth and tongue. It causes me to want to lick the inside of my lips which also causes irritation. Also, I have had a moderate amount of numbness in my fingertips. I was taking Topomax for headaches, however, when this started, I stopped. But the numbness continued. I had also started taking Coconut Oil Pills (herbal) and Apple Cider pills as well. I have since stopped those. Currently I am on no medications at all. Help... :cool:
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 21, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Sometimes it takes a while for the side effects of meds/herbal products to go away. It can take up to a month or so to get them out of your system. (If the numbness was caused by them) I would go to the doctor and ask his/her opinion. I had recurring numbness in my fingers and toes. In my case it was due to poor circulation due to smoking. I gave up smoking(finally!) and started jogging and the numbness went away. If you already exercise, a physical is in order. You are probably OK, but get it checked out just in case. Could you have burned the inside of your mouth with something hot? I once had numbness for 2 weeks because I fried the inside of my mouth with a hot cup of coffee. If its still a problem in a couple of weeks, go to the doctor. Hope this helps!
    singlemamma Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8bellydancr
    Over the past several weeks (approx. 3) I have been experiencing a significant amount of numbness in my mouth and tongue. It causes me to want to lick the inside of my lips which also causes irritation. Also, I have had a moderate amount of numbness in my fingertips. I was taking Topomax for headaches, however, when this started, I stopped. But the numbness continued. I had also started taking Coconut Oil Pills (herbal) and Apple Cider pills as well. I have since stopped those. Currently I am on no medications at all. Help....:cool:
    I know it might sound strange but are you stressed right now?

Could you be having panic attacks?

I ask because often when you are having a panic attack your lips and tongue will become numb because of lack of oxygen or maybe it is too much carbon dioxide either way it is pretty common with a panic attack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness in hand [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's wrists hurt, almost like a soreness. Her doctor had told her that it is to do with the tendons and she needs to see a physical therapist. I tend to think she should go see an orthopedic doctor. Anyway, her one hand goes numb anytime she hits a certain spot in her wrist. It doesn't happen...

Numbness when riding [ 1 Answers ]

Often when riding my bicycle for an extended period I experience numbeness in my penis. What's Reason? Seat ? What's up with this. Very unconfortable.

Numbness in right leg [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there can anybody help me?. Over the last 6 months I have had like a numb tingling type of sensatiom in my right thigh at he front and side of my thigh to just above the knee... I have mentioned this on several occasions to my gp but I don't get any explanations as to what this could be... Does...

Tingling and Numbness [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday I woke up. Came out to use the computer and leaned my arm on the arm rest. My arm from the albow and up half way was completely numb and tingling. It has not gone away. This is the second day and still feeling the same way. Anybody experience this for a long time? Joe

Numbness in arms [ 1 Answers ]

::)What could cause my arms to suddenly go numb and feel so heavy.I can't lift them when this happens. They feel like dead weight. It comes on suddenly,just out of nowhere.It will last for about five or so minutes,then they just feel funny for a little while after.Thank you for any help you can...

View more questions Search