Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2bmommy1g Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Taking a spouse off the deed
    My husband has a lot of personal credit problems/judgements etc. We are in the midst of separating. I have put mortgage cars, etc. in my name to make sure they are protected. However, I went to refinance since the rate drop and even though the mortgage is only in my name the bank will not refinance me because he is on the deed. No of the judgements are joint or against the real estate but his judgements show up under his name on the title and the bank thinks it is risky. Is there a way to have him removed from the deed? He has agreed to do it since he has lost his job. Please help... any info. Would be greatly appreciated.
    RachelleNH Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bmommy1g
    My husband has alot of personal credit problems/judgements etc. We are in the midst of seperating. I have put mortgage cars, etc. in my name to make sure they are protected. However, I went to refinance since the rate drop and even though the mortgage is only in my name the bank will not refinance me because he is on the deed. No of the judgements are joint or against the real estate but his judgements show up under his name on the title and the bank thinks it is risky. Is there a way to have him removed from the deed? He has agreed to do it since he has lost his job. Please help......any info. would be greatly appreciated.
    Now I do know you can do this with cars... Hey, I responded to your other question! If you want a shoulder or to talk more in private, email me. [email protected] or find me on myspace.com under RachelleNH or Wandering_Star.
    Much love and hope to you! I have been there and lost everything, I hope that I can help someone else from doing the same.
    Rachelle
    my personal question Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 07:41 AM
    My husband and I are divorcing, I am buying his equal share of our property, who and where do we go to take him off the deed. The property is paid for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spouse taking kids out of state [ 2 Answers ]

My brother's wife just recently left him. She plans on taking the kids out of state with another man this weekend and he doesn't want her to. He went to the police and they told him that they could not tell him what to do, but that they recommended him to check the internet or an attorney. He...

QuitClaim Deed on House in favor of spouse [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings: Our retirement nest egg is the equity on the house - we live in Illinois. My spouse don't work. I am self employed (no employees - but uses subcontractors). I can get sued if the subcontractors don't perform. I am not party to any litigation currently and no potential problems are...

Add Spouse Name to Deed and Title [ 2 Answers ]

I live in NYC and want to add my name to deed and title. Only my husband's name is on mortgage note. What is the best way to do this in NY? Do you suggest I get a real estate attorney. I want to make sure I am protected regardless of the equity distribution laws. Can I add my name to mortgage...

Adding spouse name to house deed [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a house that he is renting to tenants but he is still making mortgage payments and want to add my name to it what steps do I take to do take? Thank you, Mistyrita

View more questions Search