Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 21, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Trying to proof my resume
    I have this line and I'm unsure if the capitalization is correct. (I doubt it is, but I can't find my reference book at the moment)

.... closely with Physicians, Practice Manager, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Managers, nursing and billing staff members to.....

Should Physicians, etc. actually be capitalized or not? This sentence just doesn't look right to me. :confused:
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 08:54 AM
    I don't think you should capitalize "physician".

If I say I worked as an accountant, I don't captalize the "accountant".
    Old_Fart Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Why should physician not be capitalized while the other job titles are? Consistancy counts, but in general most people overcapitalize. A job title such as doctor, of and by itself, is not capitalized. When used to describe a particular doctor as in "Doctor Jones," it is capitalized.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 27, 2007, 07:39 AM
    You're both right... and I do tend to over capitalize.

Thanks for your help! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need resume help, please! [ 3 Answers ]

All right well this year I'm a senior, and I want to go to school for radiology. But the problem is... im not really sure on how to write a resume. And that's the only thing stopping me from starting my applications. I already have my letters of recommendation... but they need a resume and I don't...

Gaps in my resume [ 6 Answers ]

I am 53, haven't worked for over 11 years due to health problems. I still have health problems with my back and my knees do to arthritis, disc problems and spinal stenosis, which affects the nerves and causes much damage, is worsening and has affected my bladder making me use the bathroom a lot. ...

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

What not to include on a resume [ 0 Answers ]

Is it OK not to include on my resume a job that I had for 3 months which is not relevant to the position for which I'm applying? It was an entry level position that I took after my employer of 20 years went out of business. I took the job until I could find the job I really wanted because I...

View more questions Search