Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpalmist Posts: 137, Reputation: 32

Sep 12, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Since God made us all, then we are part of God.
    No doubt we can do all the cool stuff - Jesus told the Disciples that they could do even more than He - can't get much more empowering than that!

I think the deal is our intent. If we seek to do stuff that is not necessarily and usually not to the other person's greatest and highest good, then we are manipulative and not working from a place of God's Love - these works will usually show to be blighted in some way.
    Working from God's Grace - i.e. clearing our minds and hearts and asking for God's Guidance and to be a channel of God's healing energy for the highest and best good of our client is... well, it just don't get better than that. My healing room gets very crowded with the Angels, Ascended Masters, Guides, Holy Beings that want to help/do the healing on client. It's a pretty awesome experience - miracles happen and I, for one, can truly feel the presence of God and the blessings of God as I do the work. When I first started, I got a lot of phenomena, I think to let me know I was doing it 'right' and to expand my mind, my heart, my gifts as I did the work. These days, not so much phenomena as just holding Unconditional Love for client and allowing the energy to work on us both as God channels it through us. Both experiences are significant, but the real significance is the changes in client when they get up from the table and start telling me what happened and what they felt and so on. It is, after all, their experience.

So while I respect your opinion that faith healing/energy healing is a hoax or whatever, my experience is much different and I can guarantee you that I started being much more bitter and cynical than you ever thought about being. But the proof is, 'Does it work?' and boy, howdy! Does it ever!

Please rate or not.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 12, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Hi Hope the bible states that gifts and callings comes without repentance which means that you don't have to be born again to have gifts such as speaking in tongues, healing and prophecy. Your post is reminding me of the anti christ when the is going to show great signs and wonders and all the world will follow after him except the one's who's names is in the Lamb's book of Life
    Toms777 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 13, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12
    Hello all,

Does faith Healers really heal people?

Take care,
    Hope12
    :)
    Holly,

Faith healers who work through the Holy Spirit are Biblical, but those in it for the money and the show such as Benny Hinn are working through evil spirits.

James 5:14 - 15

Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Tom
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Ok Hope let's debunk some of this

Firstly I have never known anyone who is genuniely slain in the spirit to be hurt, however I have seen a number of people who have fallen backwards who, because of an incomplete understanding, or just to be part of what is happening, are obviously not slain in the spirit and place themselves in a position of potential injury. Catchers are provided in Churches in order to fulfil a duty of care and to avoid litigation.

Secondly let's divorce faith healing from Christian healing ministry. Gifts of healing are part of the gifts of the holy spirit and therefore it is right and proper that we should pray for the healing of individuals. As far as I am aware it is not essential to this process that a person be slain in the spirit however as the power of God touches them they might be.

The healing ministry is not a matter of showmanship but of genuine concern for the welfare of an individual

Faith healing as practiced in the Philippines and other places is part of the occult and something quite different. Some healing practiced in some Christian circles might also be unscriptural but the question is always down to fruit. By their fruit you shall know them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Action Most Demonstrates Your Faith? [ 16 Answers ]

I don't ordinarily find the "canned" emails I get all that interesting but this one sure was: The Quiet Sermon A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him. It was a chilly evening. The...

Are faith and logic mutually exclusive? [ 7 Answers ]

Why do some insist that reason and faith are mutually exclusive while simultaneously pointing to creation itself as evidence of God's existence?

Bad faith [ 7 Answers ]

How do you handle a contract where you are a independent contracter for 3 years in which the people in the contract are supposed to have you on there insurance for those three years. And I paid a surcharge every day for those three years for the insurance then after a accident I found out I was...

Have a little faith love will come to you [ 3 Answers ]

Need singer/ actual title to this 1950s vaguely CW song. Sounds like Slim Whitman, singer breaks into sort of a yodel in chours: You played a game/ got caught you should take it with a grain of salt have a little faith and love will come to you You may be lonely/ you may be blue your one...

View more questions Search