Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pramodkpandey Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Dvd writer not writing
    I'm trying to write a dvd movies (4.4gb) on a dvd (4.7gb) using nero 7 essentials.but every time it says could not locate start / stop points insert a blank dvd.what could be the problem?
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Sep 21, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Have you tried using another blank DVD? The one currently in your DVD writer might only be suitable as a drink coaster. Nero should have a check box that allows you to perform a test burn before the actual DVD is burned. It's not a bad idea to check that before you burn something for the first time.
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Sep 22, 2007, 07:15 PM
    You may also be able to check and see if the blank DVD is valid by simply inserting it into your disc drive and receiving a pop up that indicates options for this extra added disk drive. On Mac a disc should appear on the desktop. If neither one of these works, it may be that the disk drive itself is corrupted. I would suspect, in a situation like this that the disk drive would not be able to read the disc. It could be the actual file extension or type, but that is unlikely. If other DVDs, CDs, etc then there may be a problem with the connection. To troubleshoot try using the Control Panel and Hardware.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,CD not reading [ 8 Answers ]

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when I insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.I need to solve this problem

Help with my dvd writer [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've just bought a external dvd writer and it will play things fine but if I put a blank dvd in it it says that the drive is not accessible incorrect function. Any advice would be appreacated Thanks Vyki

Dvd writer [ 3 Answers ]

Using a new writer I am successful in burning a disc but it will not play on my dvd player

DVD Writer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a DVD Writer that can read dvd's but my problem is when I want to burn to it. It does not see the DVD-R (blank) in it. It's an HP 300n DVD/CD-RW. I updated the drivers and I reinstalled. The connection to the motherboard I believe are like a normal cd-rom.(power cable and the cable...

DVD writer [ 2 Answers ]

I'm planning to purchase a DVD Writer, can someone tell me what do I need to consider when I want to buy one. I want to know how much a dvd burner can burn on a DVD-rw. I was told that a 4.7G CD can only be burned to 4.4G capacity. Is it true?

View more questions Search