Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vcsinha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 06:06 PM
    How taxes are calculated for a person on L1 in Washington State
    Hi,

I would like to know how taxes are calculated for people on L1 in Washington state. I would like to know the break up of SSN, Medical Tax and the Federal Tax if any. Suppose for example I get 5K per month what would be my monthly tax.

With best regards,

Vivek Sinha
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 20, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Mr. Sinha:

Social Security is 6.2% for the first $97,400; zero after $97,400.

Medicare is 1,45% with NO cap.

No state tax, as Washington has NO state income tax.

Federal income tax is a progressive tax; the tax rate goes up as income goes up. How much is withheld depends on your marital status and the number of exemptions claimed on the Form W-4, plus the level of income. The withholding tables can be found in IRS Pub 15.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adultery in Washington state [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a law in Washington state against adultery?

I was in an accident on private property in Washington State [ 10 Answers ]

My question: I was backing up in my parking lot of my housing complex. I was not backing out of a space, just backing up. I looked over my shoulder to see if anybody was coming. Nobody was, so I look down to put the car in reverse, let off the brake, and not 5 feet later I heard a crunch. I got out...

Abondonment laws of Washington state [ 15 Answers ]

I need help, trying to find laws about what is abandonment, like how long is it considered abandonment. We have our granddaughter who has lived with us since she has been born and both parents have signed over their rights to us (grandparents). Since then he doesn't call or see her for up to 5 -6...

Tree Trimming - Washington State [ 2 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that reaches over my fence to trim my tree branches that are hanging on her side of the fence. She then throws the cut branches in my yard to clean up. I know she's allowed to cut the tree limbs at the fence line or she should come over and tell me to cut them; however, she...

Hedges on property line - Washington State [ 9 Answers ]

Well... I've done something foolish and now I need to know what I can (or should) do about it. We have a nice view of Mount Ranier from the patio in front of our home. Over the last few months, the hedge that separates my house and the house next door has grown so tall that it blocked the view...

View more questions Search