Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Erin864 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 01:07 PM
    cost method
    I have a homework question that I'm kind of confused about.

The cost method of accounting for investments :

a. requires the investment to be reported at its market value

b. requires the investment to be reported at its original cost in the balance sheet

c. requires the investment to be decreased by the reported net income of the investee

d. requires the investment be increased by the reported net income of the investee

Our book only has one small paragraph about the cost method. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Cost accounting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a lot more info there to help you with your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost Recovery Method [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a homework problem in which a person is being paid for by a 10% interest bearing note. They are accounting for the receivable with the cost recovery method. What is the treatment for the interest received?

J/E for cost method of treasury stock [ 1 Answers ]

Excel Corporation sells & services air conditioning equipment. The following selected accounts Appear in the ledger on January 1, 2005 the beginning of the current fiscal year. Preferred Stock, $50 par, $2 / share dividend (40,000 shares authorized, 20,000 shares issued) ...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

View more questions Search