Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumeet71286 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Error detection
    Why is parity bit called so?
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Sep 22, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Parity Bit is a binary digit that indicates whether the number of bits with the value of one in a given set of bits is even or odd. Parity Bit is used as the simplest error detecting code. For more information on parity bits click here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound device detection. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am using Windows XP and my computer is not detecting any sound devices. I know I do because I was just listening to music yesterday on it. When I try to updat the drives on the devices it just searches for ever and doesn't stop. If you have an idea what might be causing this problem I...

OCR Detection. [ 3 Answers ]

Reverse OCR Detection!! Hello are there any tools to check whether a... say... word document was created using a ocr utility?? Somebody mailed me a .doc file which I think was created by using a OCR utility on a image. Are there any tools available... can u help me out?

Microscope detection [ 1 Answers ]

If you are using an up to date light microscope to examine animal cells you won't be able to detect what?

No network detection, help! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC running windows xp home sp2 which I am trying to connect via lan cable to a laptop running windows xp pro sp2, unfortunately when I connect the computers, no network registers. The network cards are installed but are both the same (Realtek RL8139). I have connected each computer to...

View more questions Search