Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2005, 10:00 AM
    "House Bills"
    Can someone point me to a good reference about what "House Bills" really are?

I recently heard of a woman who sued Walmart for not allowing her to breastfeed while in the store. Apparently she made her case to the right person (Congressman?) as she was saying that there's a "House Bill" in her state being considered that would allow breastfeeding in stores.

I see that each state has what they call "House Bills"; but there are both Senate and Congress listed...

Looking for a good source for a good education about House Bills, like

How are Senate and Congress Bills different?
    Who, exactly, has to be the one convinced that proposing a House Bill is worthy?
    And how is it proposed?
    Aren't there also House Bills on the Federal level?
    Etc...

Thank you!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2005, 07:22 AM
    House Bills
    Hi,
    Your best bet for information would be hppt://www.google.com, then type in "congressional house bills", without quotes, and click on Search.
    You will find many links, to do research on which you think are the best links with the best explanations.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2005, 07:29 AM
    I've googled it to death with no success.
    "house bills" OR "house bill" needs to be a key part of the search.

I've even hounded Amazon, BN & Borders...

I figured it'd be an easy search, but it's not been...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

Meaning of phrase "in-house vendor" ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I noticed the following phrase on some newspaper: "in-house vendor". I'm not an English, and I have look for these words in the dictionary. The dictionaries tell me that "in-house" means make by ourselves Vendor means someone who selling something But, what is the whole phrase...

View more questions Search