Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ranyxa Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Pure Boredom: How Do I Get RID of It?
    I find myself constantly bored. I need a new obsession. Any suggestions? Manga? A video game? An internet site? An online game? Please suggest something. Imma going crazy... '_'<--- bored.

Even suggest something retarded like eating flowerpots. Lol. Can that actually be done?:p
    peaceom Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2007, 03:55 PM
    When I get bored I get on purevolume.com and listen to different unsigned artist and by the time they are signed and everyone's starting to like them I would have already heard of them. There are some awesome artists and bands on there.
    If you like games go to gamerival.com.. or millsberry.com [corny but fun!]
    If you don't like doing those kind of things.. then say so I could come up with stuff for hours.

:]

Sep 21, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Wow... nice! I just love online games! X3 *huggles* Thankies! But what if I'm in a car for like, five hours? My laptop won't last THAT long... D:

Sep 21, 2007, 04:43 PM
    They have car chargers for laptops at radio shack or you can get a converter to where you can plug your laptop charger into it and then the converter into the cigarette liter thing..
    And you can download games from msn and gamerival most of the time its only for 30mins of playing but you can download a lot or buy the game I like rollar coaster tycoon..

But yeah get a car charger the one we got was 60$ but its worth it.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Boredom is due to a failure of imagination, not a lack of sensory stimulation. You can distract yourself with sound and motion, but as soon as it's quiet you'll be bored again. Creative thinking is the real cure.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Why not pick up a portable hobby? I'm 28 and have been knitting for a few years. I recently got my 17 year old cousin into crochet. Its fun and you end up with something cool. I've made bunny slippers for friends and family. I've made cute IPOD cases, cool sweaters, pretty blankets, etc. Its fun, it gives you something to do and again you end up with something cool at the end that's one of a kind and no one else has.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Why not get out of the house and volunteer your talents to a worthy cause? If you like animals, there are pet shelters. If you like older people, volunteer at a nursing home or senior center. If you like children, become a Big Sister or mentor at some youth program or become a tutor for a school. If you like the outdoors, volunteer at some non profit that works in wildlife - example Sierra Club. There are always lists of places looking for volunteers. If you enjoy reading, check out being a volunteer reader for the blind program (we have that here through the State Library, volunteers come in and read newspaper and magazine articles over radio broadcasts). If you want to help save a life, donate your plasma. Learn a CPR and First Aid course.

Do something active. Something that stimulates more than your brain cells. Have fun.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 21, 2007, 07:15 PM
    I would have said read every thing you can get your hands on... or volunteer...

But shygrneyzs beat me to it...
    stuntmangt Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranyxa
    I find myself constantly bored. I need a new obsession. Any suggestions? Manga? A video game? An internet site? An online game? Please suggest something. Imma going crazy...'_'<--- bored.

Even suggest something retarded like eating flowerpots. Lol. Can that actually be done?:p
    I can never grow bored. Seriously. Sometimes I just sit there, thinking about memories and stuff. Or even if I'm not doing anything, including thinking, I just sit there. It's kind of fun, really, because you're just sitting there. It's just different than doing something all the time. You know. I'm not nuts or anything, I'm just different than most people.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 21, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Here's an interesting book I've recently begun to re-read:

Carl Sagan's : Pale Blue Dot

Very thought provoking... take your time

Sep 24, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Wow! So many suggestions! I have to write this down... or not. Yeah. These ideas REALLY help! Thanks! Yeah the idea of just sitting there doing nothing, it's quite fun but not when you know hundreds of people out there have thousands of things to yak about... it makes me feel sad. Thanks for all the answers! To tell the truth, I'm working on writing a story myself. It's just fun sometimes! ^^ Don't worry; I'll rate your answers!
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Sep 24, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Okay... noone mentions what we do all night long... get your minds out of the gutter :) Read AMHD. It keeps me busy when I can't sleep. But what I can't understand is how you all have these great hobbies, but I always see you on here... mind baffling.

Sep 24, 2007, 06:41 AM
    All night long? I'm awake of course! I'm slightly nocturnal.
    Oh and I don't have any hobbies... I like running into random classrooms with my most retarded friend yelling, "HOLY SCHNIKEYS!!!!", though. It's fun. ^^ Especially during Report Card Day!
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Sep 24, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Why the disagree Ranyxa? I'm just saying that my hobby is reading askmehelpdesk(AMHD)!
    Delphina Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Watch deathnote - an amazing anime series - I highly recommend it! :D
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 04:19 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...kup-78597.html
    RaineAndrews Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Sep 24, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I like to play role playing games like dungeons and dragons, not only does it spur creativity, but you can meet interesting people at a hobby shop :D
    eaca1234 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Instead of thinking of things on the internet just to take up time, why don't you get outside and exercise, or volunteer in your community. Make good use of your extra time.
    Punkergurl13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Oct 2, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranyxa
    I find myself constantly bored. I need a new obsession. Any suggestions? Manga? A video game? An internet site? An online game? Please suggest something. Imma going crazy...'_'<--- bored.

Hey want a REALLY BAD obbsession? Guitar Hero!! I am serious! My friend has even got me hooked!!

Oct 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Punkergurls idea is great! VIDEO GAMES!
    Is it that your bored all day?
    Or just like during the night?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shiseido pure white [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me all about shiseido pure white, what it contains and what it does.

Pure vitamins? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been reading up on vitammins and their affects on the immune system, so my doctor and I have decited to start using vitamin , but I have no idea where to but them from because I have also read that most store bought vitamin are not regulated on their ingridents, does anyone know where I can...

Relationship Failing on Boredom? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating my girlfriend for a year and half now and it was going pretty good for awhile. There was a point when we were on shaky grounds but we got through all that. Lately it just seems like I am getting so bored being with her. She works late nights a restaurant and I have a day job....

Angelis, Pure Voices [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to find a selection of really pure sounding, angelic voices for my boyfriend. I am not looking for operah style voices, but ones that are pure sounding and diverse. Any ideas? :)

Pure science [ 5 Answers ]

Do you think that government funds (taxpayers money) should be spent on pure science research?

View more questions Search