Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victoriaklincke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Internet Explorer not loading
    I am running win98 and IE 6 and although I have an internet connection which is running fine, I can't get web sites to fully load, it seems to start with good intentions and then never fully gets there with the egg timer running. I can receive emails through outlook but as I can't get onto the net I can't download anything onto the PC. (I'm using the library to get onto this site). Any suggestions gratefully received.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2007, 06:10 AM
    So IE IS loading, but the sites don't load. Have you purged your cache (tools>Internet Options>Delete TempInternet Files).

Sep 20, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Yes, first thing I did. Outllok has now quit as well so not able to get emails says ole registration error and msoe.dll can't be loaded.

Sep 20, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Have you checked for spyware or viruses?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
    You can always try a differ browser like Firefox or something

Sep 21, 2007, 03:49 AM
    Yes I have run avast antivirus and I have tried Firefox but still the same problem. I can't run any other spyware software as I can't get on the internet??

Sep 21, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaklincke
    I can't run any other spyware software as I can't get on the internet???
    Umm, you can go to a store and buy one.
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Sep 22, 2007, 08:22 PM
    I would suggest getting AVG Anti-Virus, and Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5. You can get these on the library computer possibly and download the installations to your flash drive and try to install it to your computer that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a new IMAC computer and I think I need Internet Explorer on my machine. Do I have to buy a copy or can I download it for free? I accessed A web page where it said it was free as I went to download it they wanted my credit card number. Please advise

Internet Explorer [ 7 Answers ]

When I Click on IE it comes up but then goes blank what can I do I can't access it at all... Okay I click on internet explorer and it comes up then the whole pages just vanishes... I have broadband and I can get in internet through AOL... Not sure what the problem is

Internet explorer [ 3 Answers ]

I keep getting spyware threats saying a high risk highjacker is trying to change my start page on internet explorer. I haven't been using IE I've been using Firefox so why am I getting these spyware warnings?

View more questions Search