Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 20, 2007, 03:48 AM
    how do you eat oranges/mandarins? Random I know
    I was watching this crazy french movie the other day (son de mar or something)
    And I noticed
    They kept eating oranges by cutting a bit of the top and sucking them!
    How weird! Do europeans eat oranges like that or something?
    How do you eat oranges?
    How do you eat different kinds of fruit too?
    What's your favourite fruit?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:00 AM
    I'm form the UK and I eat oranges by pealing them or chopping them into segments (skin still on and eat them separately like a melon slice.

I eat the whole of apples core and all, minus the stalk (although sometimes I'll eat that as well)

I eat the entire kiwi except the hard bits at the end. The skin is the best bit- it's so tangy and contains many vitamins. A New Zealand lady told me to try this and I never looked back!

I only eat green bananas as I don't like them when they are yellow and squishy - makes me feel nauseous.

I like papaya with a splash of lime juice - only way to eat it so tasty!

And if I'm bored I like to peel grapes for no other reason than my own entertainment.

I feel hungry now. I miss lots of different fruits, I can't really afford them at the moment, I only get apples and anything reduced randomly in the shops (usually plums).

Thank you Cal for making me thing about fruits!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Peel, separate, eat each segment.

Sep 20, 2007, 04:06 AM
    U eat kiwi fruits with the skin?
    Cool cool
    I like the seeds in them lolz
    Do you have those cool little plastic kiwi fruit knifey/spooney things in the uk?
    Bananas, kiwi fruits are the best lolz
    I don't eat apple cores, and sometimes ill peel the apple first and eat the skin, then slice up the apple and eat that
    I eat banana on toast(with sugar on it), in my cereal(with sugar on it), sliced up(with banana on the sugar lolz j/k well it is a lot of sugar)
    I don't eat oranges or mandarins though
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:07 AM
    Have you ever separated the segments into all the little segments in the segment? They don't taste of much but it can keep you entertained for hours. Yes I know I'm disgusting I like to play with my food.

-----

Yeah we have the kiwi knife/fork/spoon thingies

Sep 20, 2007, 04:10 AM
    No, but sometimes ill get jelly babies or snakes, bite half of each one, then mash them together to make multicoloured ones
    Like bottom half red top half yellow :p
    Hehe its weird when I eat cheese toasties, because I eat of crust first, then sort of eat it into a perfect square or rectangle shape, then eat it lolz :P
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Mandarins I remove the skin and smell it... it is so refreshing then eat the segments one by one.
    The oranges which are difficult to peel, I cut them into slices eat the insides and keep the skins around the house, good as an air freshner.
    Limes,I like to eat the segments dipped in salt.
    Grapes, I eat the skin first and then the whole grape.
    Papayas with a little lime on it as templelane says. Or with creamer (the one you add to the coffee or tea).
    Apples, I like to just bite into and eat it all except the core.
    Water melons, I love the insides,but recently found out that the skin is nice and crunchy to eat too.
    Green apples,pears and grapes sometimes chopped and eaten with cheddar cheese, so yum.
    Bananas, I love the ones that does not have a sour type taste.
    Mangoes, I love them whether sweet or sour,especially sweet mango juice.
    Rambutans,jack fruit,gooseberries,pomegrenates,stone apples,custard apples,guava,sapodilla,kiwi(occasionally though),cherries and strawberries(very rarely,too expensive and fresh ones are rare)...

The list goes on and on...

Lets not forget fruit salads with ice cream.

Yummy,
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:34 AM
    I forgot about pomegrenates I have a really good way to get the seeds out. If you chop it into 6 or 8 and then bend the segment backward then the seeds just pop out. To think I used to sit and pick them out individually!

Does anyone else like tinned fruit? I really like the metallic taste of the juice.

This thread is making me hungry...
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:37 AM
    templelane,
    I do that with Pomegrenates too,pop the seeds out..
    We give it to our kids too, hear it is good for them.

I would avoid the canned ones that may have the metallic taste.

Talk about hunger,
    I am fasting and talking about foods...
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Talk about hunger,
    I am fasting and talking about foods...
    That time of year already? It always catches me out because it works on a different calader. Good luck hope you don't get too many headaches (my boss always got loads).
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Sep 20, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Well I don't eat oranges or mandarins. I don't like all of that stringy stuff in them. I do like orange juice though! I love sliced green apples dipped in peanut butter, Yum! And bananas in cereal, such as cornflakes, is really good too. I like most fruit except oranges and cherries.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:45 AM
    templelane,
    Yeah that time of the year, a week or so already done.

Nope, no headaches...
    Thanks for asking though.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:56 AM
    I eat mandarins with a light gravy. ;)
    cece23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2007, 02:13 AM
    I eat very little fruit. I love it, but am too lazy to prepare it, and I don't like the skins of any fruit except grapes (has to be sweet seedless grapes). I will sometimes eat tangerines or clementimes because they are easy to peel. When I was still a kid I used to cut big oranges in quarters and then suck all the juice out, and throw the remaining flesh and peel away but my mum wasn't too happy with this, but oranges are too messy to eat any other way! I find tropical fruit salads and fresh fruit flans, pies and slices irresistible!

Sep 24, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Apples in peanut butter? Sounds like a nut! Lolz forgive my bad pun
    I'm tempted to try kiwi fruit on toast
    Apple on toast tastes really good.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I eat mandarins with a light gravy. ;)
    Isn't it beautiful!
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Sep 24, 2007, 06:18 AM
    I eat them in segments too... ashleysb, you must be from the South, we love our pb with apples and our naner samiches :)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Segments... or in fruit salad with marshmallows! Mmmm... I sure love fruit too...
    I have had them in an asian chicken salad too... Yummy!
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Sep 26, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    how do you eat oranges?
    Squeezed, with a little bit of ice and a LOT of vodka! :D

how do you eat different kinds of fruit too?
    I get strange looks when I eat apples because I eat every last bit of them, finish off by chewing the stalk!

what's your favourite fruit?
    Probably Stephen Fry! He he!

Seriously though... I love Strawberries! Yum Yum! :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Random [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I've just finished year 12 in australia (a couple of days ago actually) And I've always wondered about american high school... I hear on TV and what not about "softmore's" and "freshmans" What do these terms mean? And are there any more?

Random facts! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I stole this pub ammo from Amazon.co.uk forums... really liked some of them and thought I'd share! :D In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined. Once picked from the vine a fruit ripens and a vegetable rots. Forty is the only...

Random 10? [ 3 Answers ]

A building hoist lifts ten 50 kg bags of cement through a vertical distance of 30 m to the top of a high rise building. Calculate the work done by the hoist, assuming the acceleration due to gravity to be 9.81 m/s2. Work done = Force x Distance moved (J) but Force = Mass x Acceleration (N) ...

I had a random hook-up, but want some more. [ 17 Answers ]

I met this guy a few months back, never was interested. We just hung out a few times. And then stopped, and a few weeks back I cheated on my boyfriend of 3 years with him with a random make out session, and oral. My boyfriend and I OBVIOUSLY broke up. And a week later I hung out with this guy...

Random shutdowns [ 3 Answers ]

I think it may be some kind of IRQ conflict.. I've gotten weird messages when using various linux livedisks about how the Cd-ROM "seems confused" and it disables IRQ 5 (possibly because I told it "no PnP O/S") and also 19. Definitely hardware, though, because I get the same thing during Windows...

View more questions Search