Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 20, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    What was the final giveaway that it was a troll? I missed that part.
    Frankly, I wasn't looking for a troll. That's not my responsibility. But , while trying to get a grip around what was going on, I poured over dozens of early posts from both of those two, and I saw a trend... Everytime we'd hear from one, the other was gone... The "handwriting" from early was identical to "hubby's"... right down to the way of signing, "i'm off..."
    "He" learned to post numerous places and even included links to YouTube... far to quickly to make me feel comfortable with the statement that "he" was "new"

I don't have access to IP addresses, but I smelled a fish. Others here and I agreed there was something wrong.

I'm temporarily disabled, so I've got lotsa time available, and spent some of that time looking over newspapers for Obit's or police reports, etc. Nothing to corroborate any of the claims.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    ...that time looking over newspapers for Obit's or police reports, etc. Nothing to corroborate any of the claims.
    I did the same thing my friend, our radar must be tuned to the same frequency. :)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Frankly, I wasn't looking for a troll. That's not my responsibility. But , while trying to get a grip around what was going on, I poured over dozens of early posts from both of those two, and I saw a trend...Everytime we'd hear from one, the other was gone... The "handwriting" from early was identical to "hubby's" ...right down to the way of signing, "i'm off..."
    "He" learned to post numerous places and even included links to youtube... far to quickly to make me feel comfortable with the statement that "he" was "new"

I don't have access to IP addresses, but I smelled a fish. Others here and I agreed there was something wrong.

I'm temporarily disabled, so I've got lotsa time available, and spent some of that time looking over newspapers for Obit's or police reports, etc. Nothing to corroborate any of the claims.
    I did the same captain, and I talked to others who felt that way. Fortunately I have always been one who is skeptical when something like this happens, and have been online long enough to question... but it still was sad for me and everyone who initially believed it. As I saifd before Im more upset at the idea of such a terrible hoax than the lie itself.

Allheart - thanks for the concern, but I learned long ago not to get too worked up over things until I know for a fact they are true... You are such a good soul.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 20, 2007, 06:36 AM
    I'll tell you, at least one good thing came of this :
    J_9 posted a link for a child safety seat that I forwarded to my son for his 4 year old daughter. He's going to look for one to put in the family car...
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Sep 20, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I did the same thing my friend, our radar must be tuned to the same frequency. :)
    Well, I must admit I did have some suspicion. After the original post was posted, I looked at the 'deceased' one's profile, and noticed they were last seen at 3:00 pm that day. I was wondering how that was possible, until the 'husband' came on. That made me wonder a bit too just because I don't think if something happed to me, my boyfriend would log onto my computer the next day to see if I was talking to men. But I was fooled. I figured it was his way of dealing with the grief or something. I must say, I am still in shock.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 06:43 AM
    I'll tell you, at least one good thing came of this :
    J_9 posted a link for a child safety seat that I forwarded to my son for his 4 year old daughter. He's going to look for one to put in the family car...
    I as well am purchasing one... I found it online yesterday. Thank you J :)
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 07:03 AM
    I just want to point out what a great website this is for those who use it properly and for our fine administrators who try to keep such things from happening. Their hard work and professionalism in handling the situation should be commended.

J-9, CBW, and all of you who smelled something fishy and followed your instincts. It is people like you that make this website all that it is.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Hmm, I really need to get to work on that device to stab someone in the face over the internet.
    ROFLMAO! Can you design mine with a double barrel 12 gauge automatic with a clip that holds 50?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 07:45 AM
    When I went to bed last night I was really thinking about this whole thing. I remember there were times when I felt that something was fishy period with saraispiel and canada_sweety. Some of things they confused from their past and present just seemed, well too much to me. I remember when I felt that I sort of stopped myself thinking I was judging someone else's life and that I don't know everything and it can be possible that some people can really live a really tough life.

I agree that they were clearly the same person and it was just some sort of sick game. It however still does not sit well with me. I can tell you that from now on I will trust my instincts when it comes to people on this site.

Also great work done by all mods and admins. This was a big undertaking - kudos guys.
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Sep 20, 2007, 07:46 AM
    I don't even know what to say, I feel such relief that they aren't dead and I am so confused as to WHAT HAPPENED or WHY! I am glad there are a lot of good people on this site to protect those of us that are too gullible to see the truth. I am just glad that baby is alive, more than anything.
    IF anyone understands the whole story and has the time, could you fill me in? (AS to how you found out they were lying, was it just Canada or Sarai or they both the same person? I am so confused.
    THanks to J and CBW for being the pitbulls we need on here. I need to stop being so open and trusting because I look like such a FOOOOL!!
    OK well have a good day everyone... I have to go find Start. I can't even tell you what my eyes look like from crying. I Am so dumb...
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 07:52 AM
    You're not dumb shattered. A lot of people believed Canada_Sweety. Why would anyone think that someone would lie about something like that or why would anyone think that they made up people or made up who they were? We were all fooled.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 07:55 AM
    This little game seems like a desperate need for attention. She seemed so normal. Too bad our friendship was so unimportant to her.
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Sep 20, 2007, 08:13 AM
    I feel sorry for people like that. I am not even angry, I just pity her. She must have some serious low self esteem to be in that kind of need for attention. I am thankful that I am not put together that way and I am ALWAYS honest about who I am on here. Sometimes I wince with embarrassment after I click on the post button but oh well. I put it out there and who ever wants to comment or care or respond, can. I am sure that I try to be a good person and this won't be the first or the last time someone has pulled the wool over my eyes.
    No matter what, some people just do not have the ability to take responsibility for who they are or what they do to people. NO CONSCIENCE I guess. Sociopath maybe? IDK
    KARMA will take care of that, I don't need to do anything, except continue to be me...

Just when you think you know people, you realize you don't. All I can do is be true to my own experience. I have a great capacity to love and neither of them (if there are two of them) are going to ruin it for me. I just need to be smarter about who I trust with it... RIGHT?
    By the way, you guys all seem like good people to me, until proven otherwise, I believe what I see. So, thanks for that...
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 08:18 AM
    I agree with you fully shattered. What goes around definitely comes around.

Have you heard from start? I know that both of you were really hurt.

I think what we all collectively have to take from this is that there are some bad apples out there but they aren't spoiling the whole bunch. The people I have raised an eyebrow over have been few and far between and for the most part I find that everyone is being honest and truly sharing themselves in order to help.
    cece23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shatteredsoul
    I don't even know what to say, I feel such relief that they aren't dead and I am so confused as to WHAT HAPPENED or WHY!! I am glad there are a lot of good people on this site to protect those of us that are too gullible to see the truth. I am just glad that baby is alive, more than anything.
    IF anyone understands the whole story and has the time, could you fill me in? (AS to how you found out they were lying, was it just Canada or Sarai or they both the same person?? I am so confused.
    THanks to J and CBW for being the pitbulls we need on here. I need to stop being so open and trusting because I look like such a FOOOOL!!!
    OK well have a good day everyone... I have to go find Start. I can't even tell you what my eyes look like from crying. I Am so dumb...
    You are not dumb, you are just a caring individual who was taken in like a lot of us. I don't understand why anyone would do something like that. She doubtless thought it was a funny prank, but the last laugh is on her because she has lost all you wonderful caring friends on this forum.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Just a couple of more thoughts from me - and then I am going to just lay it to rest and let the sun come in :)

Oh dear Shattered, never feel bad for having a good, caring heart. There is nothing stupid about caring. So feel very good about yourself. I too, feel like, oh my, how is it my head could be in such a bubble, but I still will always believe with my heart. It is so rare that something like this happens. At least I think so.

I still am realing with happiness that Sarai and her daughter are okay. I know this may sound odd, but I truly have love for her in my heart. How sad she or whomever, must be inside. I can almost guranatee you, that she is crying with regret now, not laughing at her …oops I got ya…I believe far far from it.

My only annoyance with Sarai is if she negatively effected anyone because of the stress of the news. That was very insensitive, extremely.

In my heart I do believe, that those who did have a laugh with her, or shared some private talks, and had heartfelt moments, I truly believe what came from her was sincere. I don't think it would be good to throw it all away.

This was a big huge bad turn in the road for Sarai and I just pray that she can turn this around. I still am so very concerned for her.

I hope you don't feel I am downplaying the pain that was caused. I am just so concerned that Sarai's pain and what drove her to do this may be more troubled then we could realize.

My thoughts and prayers are still with Saria, as well as my concern for her. Also, I am so glad to “know” so many good, kind caring people such as all of you. I continue to believe in each of you and your good hearts.

No, we weren't “had”. We were pulled into another part of Sarai, perhaps a very troubled part and all we can do is hope that she can pull herself out of this sad place she is in.

Many hugs to each of you.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Just a couple of more thoughts from me - and then I am going to just lay it to rest and let the sun come in :)

Oh dear Shattered, never feel bad for having a good, caring heart. There is nothing stupid about caring. So feel very good about yourself. I too, feel like, oh my, how is it my head could be in such a bubble, but I still will always believe with my heart. It is so rare that something like this happens. At least I think so.

I still am realing with happiness that Sarai and her daughter are okay. I know this may sound odd, but I truly have love for her in my heart. How sad she or whomever, must be inside. I can almost guranatee you, that she is crying with regret now, not laughing at her …oops I got ya…I believe far far from it.

My only annoyance with Sarai is if she negatively effected anyone because of the stress of the news. That was very insensitive, extremely.

In my heart I do believe, that those who did have a laugh with her, or shared some private talks, and had heartfelt moments, I truly believe what came from her was sincere. I don’t think it would be good to throw it all away.

This was a big huge bad turn in the road for Sarai and I just pray that she can turn this around. I still am so very concerned for her.

I hope you don’t feel I am downplaying the pain that was caused. I am just so concerned that Sarai’s pain and what drove her to do this may be more troubled then we could realize.

My thoughts and prayers are still with Saria, as well as my concern for her. Also, I am so glad to “know” so many good, kind caring people such as all of you. I continue to believe in each of you and your good hearts.

No, we weren’t “had”. We were pulled into another part of Sarai, perhaps a very troubled part and all we can do is hope that she can pull herself out of this sad place she is in.

Many hugs to each of you.
    Allheart, you took the words right out of my mouth. I am done too! HUGS TO ALL!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Allheart I have been thinking and I do agree. There have been a lot of moments where both sarai and canada had shown compassion and love in this community. That they wished to play us in this way only speaks of some other, perhaps troubled, aspects of their personalities.

Sadly I do not wish to see either of them back here after this though. I work on the principle of giving my trust readily, but giving trust for a second time almost never.

Allheart, thank you always for your kind thoughts and words that always open our eyes, you're truly something special.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Allheart, as I have said many times in the past, you are so aptly named. You are truly all heart.

I do believe that Sarai was making an attempt at a practical joke. She is young and immature. I don't think she expected it to backfire on her like this, and I am 100%positive that if she isn't regretting her decision and very upset now, she will be over the next few days. She is going to miss the friends she made here. I suspect she has learned a very hard life lesson.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Sep 20, 2007, 12:39 PM
    I'm with allheart.

I may have gotten punked, but I'll still believe that everyone here is real and honest.

If anything, it made me give the wife and kids extra hugs, and made me realize that although I disagree and argue with a lot of you, I do wish the best for you all.

Thanks to admin for sorting this thing out.

Grace and Peace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search