Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anna1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 09:59 PM
    My husbands insecurities
    To Whom It May Concern,

I live with my fiancé, and have done for 3-1/2 years. We both have two kids each. My fiancés last marriage ended due to infidelity on his ex-wifes part.

Now that we are together, and have lived together for 3-1/2 years, in that duration of time, I have not even thought about another man. I have not cheated what so ever. He has been jealous for the past uear more so than normal. I work part time, and some days I work longer than others. He thinks I am having an affair. I am not. I am working. It is so bad now, that whenI am out working, I find a phone at the place of business that I am at, and I have to call him every two hours from the same phone so that he knows I am working. I have to call when I leave and when I get home. I have to call him when I just want to run to the market. He has to know where I am every single minute of the day. I don't mind, but even after doing as he asked regarding calling him, he still acuses me of cheating. It is getting so bad, that at times, it hurts my feelings to where I am in tears.

Please give me any kind of advice that you could offer me, and some days, I just don't want to be around him. The jealouses and insecurities can be overwhelming.

Please advise me as to what to do.

Thank you,

Anna
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:23 PM
    I believe you. I don't know if you have done this already, but if you haven't, I would have a serious discussion with him about the way that he is making you feel. I can understand his issues with trust. I have also had someone who cheated on me. I may be incorrect, but I sense that you might be feeling some guilt because the two of you have not been communicating as much and as openly as you can. You may be playing a guessing game with each other because the communication may not be what it could be. Again, I may be incorrect. If I am, I apologize.

Hopefully, others will come along to offer their support and advice also. This has just been mine based upon what you have shared.
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Sep 19, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Sometimes people start believing lies that aren't even true. There are probably heaps of reasons he thinks like this. Maybe he heard a rumor, someone might of told him. Has he started on medicine or anything? But I think that you should sit him down one day and talk to him about it. Everything, and when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING! Your feelings, that you would never cheat on him and so on. After a few weeks if he still doesn't believe you then I would divorce him. If there's a relationship between someone, there needs to be trust. And if there's no trust then how how can there be a relationship? You need to think about who is more better off. You or him? I know it may seem harsh, but is he really worth the time if he can't even trust you going down to the shops for a few minutes? But this is just my opinion.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2007, 12:32 AM
    You say you don't mind but you should! His behavior is unacceptable. Perhaps, his ex-wife didn't really cheat and he jealousy drove her to leave. You and your SO should seek professional help.
    otherkat Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 08:56 AM
    I am in almost the same situation, except I'm not married to the jerk. He wants to get married though. I have to "check-in" with him more than I ever did with my parents. If I don't talk to him the full hour for lunch, even if it was just 55 minutes, he thinks that I'm cheating on him or doing something scandalous during that 5 minutes. It's freaking ridiculous. Maybe we can talk and help each other.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by otherkat
    Maybe we can talk and help each other.
    I do hope that you do start communicating with each other. Support from others in the same type of situation is often helpful. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My insecurities are ruining my relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I'm dating a wonderful man and we have been together almost a year. The problem is that I get upset about stupid little things. My feelings get hurt easily and I in turn act pouty and differently towards my boyfriend. This eventually turns into a fight. I've jeopardized his trust a number of...

Insecurities in our marriage [ 3 Answers ]

This Woman That I Previously Talked About Is My Husbands Best Friend And I Have Nothing Against Him Having A Female For A Best Friend. Its Very Common. But I Accused Her Of Falling In Love With Him And That Was My Mistake. He Can't Get By That I Would Do That And Our Relationship Has Started To...

My Insecurities [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I Am A 45 Yr Old Woman Who Got Married Again Almost A Yr Ago, After Being Alone For 2 Yrs. My First Husband Passed Away. I Met My Husband Online In August 2004, We Were Married August 2006. We Have A Dream Come True For Both Of Us. But I Have Insecurities.I Love Him More Then Anything In This...

Insecurities in women [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, Just looking for some input. I have been dating my girlfriend for sometime now. I really care about her a lot. However, as I have gotten to know her I have found that she is a down to earth, kind hearted person, strong willed and independent. However despite this she appears to feel...

Insecurities [ 6 Answers ]

How do I get rid of insecurities need help please I don't know how I need help

View more questions Search