Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pascal1504 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 08:58 PM
    How to check vent for plugging
    Hi there:

How can I easily chek if my drainage vent is plugged? I just bought a new home and the downstrairs bathroom smells but not everyday. I am going to try the bleach trick tonight but the house is brand new I wonder how I could have hair in the sink.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 20, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Where's the smell thr worst? Drain? Toilet? When a vent's blocked you will hear gurgling in one or more bathroom traps. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 20, 2007, 07:54 AM
    It may be as simple as a poorly installed wax ring on the toilet. Tom is 100% correct about plugged vents causing gurgling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water lines plugging up [ 1 Answers ]

We have an ongoing problem in our hot water lines that affects all outlets, some more than others. Apparently, some sort of deposit fills up all our faucets, showers, etc. We first began to notice this after we replaced our old hot water heater. Initially we thought some sediment, or even pieces of...

Keyboard not responding after plugging another one into a laptop [ 1 Answers ]

My Dell laptop keyboard is not responding. I was having trouble using my laptop keyboard so a friend plugged a regular keyboard into it. It worked fine for awhile then stopped responding. My laptop keyboard has stopped responding also. What to do?

Plugging broken waste why [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cast iron y connection in my 4" waste stack. The former owners used the Y to plumb a bathroom but thier work was very substandard. I pulled all their plumbing and ran a new waste line for the bathroom. My problem is their old y connection is completely broken (the pipe that was...

Toilets plugging up [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I have two toilets on the main level of my home. One is the main bathroom and the other is off the master bedroom. They are about 15 feet away from each other and I believe that they use a common sewer pipe. In the last few weeks they each have plugged up a few times each. It is easily...

Safety when plugging in hardware [ 1 Answers ]

I have read it is wise to turn the computer off before plugging in a mouse or keyboard. Does the same rule apply to plugging a digital camera into a USB port?

View more questions Search