Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3357 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Court date coming up
    Hello again, well I have a case management meeting coming up soon for my credit card debts. I want to get some opinions since I can't afford a lawyer. I got a summons , sent a bad answer I'm afraid, just asked that they give me payments realistic for my situation and that they kill off some or all the interest. I dought that they even have a signed contract because they probably bought the debt. I keep hearing about them garnishing wages and getting into bank accounts. I am considered self employed (independent contractor) so I don't think that's an option for them and I don't have a bank account in my name . My wife has one and gets her ssi deposited in it each month. Our monthly income is within $40 dollars or so of what we have to pay out each month . However I do own a car , my mobile home , and some other personal property. So will they probably go after my belongings? The Debt is $2000 , I live in California. My wife is on ssi and I can only work part time due to a heart condition. This same law firm has got a default judgment on me on another debt by filing false proof of service. I wonder what these guys tell there kids that they do for a living? Find people that can't pay a bill because they are sick or having problems and that they know can't afford a lawyer and then do there best to take what they do have? Real Hero's!
    Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Court Date [ 1 Answers ]

If a court date has been set 9 months from today what can happen in the meantime, can it be deferred, can there be a settlement before it gets to court. Thank you

Sent court date, but missed it [ 1 Answers ]

I got a citation for a DUI in Delaware but live in Maryland. I was sent a court date(this was the first court date so Im assuming it was a hearing date) but missed it, and was informed that a bench warrant was sent out for me. How do I request a new date without having to drive the hours into...

Missed court date ! [ 5 Answers ]

My 52 year old mother inlaw picked up her only second speeding violation in all those years and misses her court appearance by one day.She thought it was on the 27th all this time not the 26th anyway the fine was 175.00 so now what kind of trouble is she in now.Do you wait for the next letter? Or...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.