Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CJenkinsGood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Uncertain about what I should do regarding insurance claim
    I have attempted to file a homeowner liability claim under my neighbor's policy, but have not been successful in doing so. As of right now, I am being told that the homeowner have filed a claim due to my damages, therefore, I can not file a claim under their insurance. My questions are:
    1). Can they deny my claim under this circumstance?
    2). Is this the right way to go? As the insurance representative that left a telephone message requested receipts for damages and stated "that if I wanted to provide a presentation I had to file under my own insurance".
    3). What is a presentation under this circumstance.
    4). Will I get the same results as if I had filed the claim under their insurance policy?
    5). Will I still receive a written response regarding results from their claim. Originally, I did receive a claim number, but was informed that it was closed.

I am just hesitant and uncertain about just how fair this claim will be reviewed.

(Reside in Texas).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Just sue your neighbor and be done with it, The neighbor is liable, if his insurance will pay ( great) but if they will not pay, that is not your problem, it is your neighbors problem. Just file a law suit and let your neighbor worry about getting HIS insurance to pay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble getting insurance claim paid for routine medical procedure [ 25 Answers ]

I have a bit of a problem, due to family history (1 cousin had colon cancer and my father died from it), I was sent to have a colonoscopy at 45 by my primary care physician. That was 3 weeks ago and the insurance company which is a PPO by the way not an HMO has refused payment, not just once but...

Auto Insurance Claim [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question regarding a fender bender I was in, more so the claim. I was found not at fault by the other party’s insurance company and they are paying for the repair to my 2007 VW Jetta. But what concerns me is my vehicle is only three months old and now has a history of an...

Uncertain [ 1 Answers ]

Well I am 30 years old and have been on the depovera shot for 7 years now. Presently I am noticing changes in my body and self such as my attitude at times I become real sensitive to people words and tend to get teary eyed. At times I feel like being bothered but most times I'm aggravated for no...

Before going in to talk with ICBC Insurance claim [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have this debt with ICBC that is well over 200,000 due to injury claim pay out, not mine I never claimed, I crashed my dads truck about 9 years ago result my dad got paid out, then year or so later my "friend" got paid out and I got a bill for them both, since then I have gotten letters on a...

Uncertain about this [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have mentioned this before about this lovely guy that I have been seeing now for almost 5 months however we both live in different countries. We both lived in the same country before I moved away for career reasons. Anyway we both agreed to give things ago and see where it went. I...

View more questions Search