Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MariaGillette22222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Converting dryer from gas to elect.
    Is it possible to convert my gas dryer to electric or do I have to buy a new dryer?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Sell your gas dryer and purchase new electric
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:45 PM
    I am sure it can be done, but doubt it would be worth while, and it might violate codes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting dryer to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a dryer that was converted to propane gas. There were 2 orifices that came with the dryer to convert it back to natural gas. I was wondering which one I need to use to do this. One orifice has a hole coming from top to bottom. The other has a hole coming from the side to the bottom. Maybe...

Converting a gas dryer into a propane dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE gas dryer model number dvlr223gt1ww. I need to know what I need to do to convert that into a propane dryer. Please help out. Thank you:confused:

Kenmore elect. Dryer runs but does not heat [ 1 Answers ]

Approximately 130V between each of the element terminals and ground, replaced element but no heat. Other checks; new high limit t'stat, operating t'stat shows 7 ohms, element shows 10ohms. Can trace voltage all the way to the element and the element is new. Out of ideas, need help.

Converting From Gas to Electric Heat [ 3 Answers ]

I'm buying a home in southern WV which is gas heated and has electric a/c. The current owners pay $123 and $35 per month respectfully on the budget plan which seems way out of kilter to me. Notwithstanding the individual user differences and that the price of electricity here is way less...

Converting a home from gas to electric [ 3 Answers ]

We are thinking of purchasing a home that has gas heat, stove and fireplace (I've never seen a gas fireplace before and am stumped by this). I would much prefer an all electric home. The location is central Texas. 1) Is is possible to do such a conversion (including the fireplace to be a...

View more questions Search