Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessedone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Boyfriend ended relationship with a contract pending
    My ex boyfriend terminated our relationship after I had bought into his timeshare upgrade for $5000.00. I had him to sign a contract. He did not use the funds for the upgrade, he spent it and then refinance his house to pay the full $10000.00. Can I get my money as I do not wish to take my new hubby on a trip under another man's name?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 21, 2007, 07:11 AM
    I'm not following you. To whom did you pay $5K? Your ex? Then get the money back from him.
    blessedone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines
    I'm not following you. To whom did you pay $5K? Your ex? Then get the money back from him.
    I was in a relationship with a guy. He had a timeshare and was asked by the company if he would like to upgrade his timeshare. He called me to asked if I would like to go half and half on the $10,000.00 for the upgrade and it would allow us to take trips cheaper. I gave him my 1/2 of the 10,000 that he was to immediately send off for the upgrade with his 5,000. Well, I find out later that he spent the money and when he refinanced his house he paid the 10,000 debt. He soon after officially termed the relationship. I did have him to sign a contract. He said that I can still take the trips, but I later married and will not take my new hubby on trips in another man's name. Any advice. Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2007, 01:59 PM
    If you went into a timeshare deal with a partner (forget whether he was a boyfriend or not) then you own a share of the timeshare. You should be a listed member of the timeshare. Even if you aren't, I really don't see the issue with using it. Does your husband think you never had any prior relationships?

But if your contract with the ex was to contribute to the timeshare in return for the ability to take vacations and he is offerring you that ability, then I don't see where you have a case against him. Also its really moot what he actually used your $5K for as long as he paid for the upgrade.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ended my relationship w/married man [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes... a few weeks back I wrote how I got involved with a married man (who likes to live a polyamory lifestyle) and I was struggling with a way to break it off with him. In this guys case, he's married and was having a relationship with me too and hoping for me to eventually live with...

My girlfriend ended our relationship because of my children [ 76 Answers ]

We've been dating for 2 years and everything has been going great... we really had no arguments, we've constantly said that we were the best thing that ever happened to each other. I have 3 children, 9 year old girl, 7 year old girl and 6 year old boy. I have joint shared custody and they live...

Relationship ended [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, I am new to this site so hello everyone. I am going through a very bad time. I am 48 and last year I sold my house to live with my partner of 2 years with the intention of buying somewhere together. Very sadly it did not work as I had so hoped for. I am living with my mother (which...

Seven Year Relationship has ended. [ 12 Answers ]

Well as you can see by my topic, my seven year relationship with the man that I still love broke up with me. I'm very heart broken. He broke up with me on Oct 20, 2006. I confessed to him that I have cheated on him. Lately we have been seeing a lot of each other and spending a tremendous about...

Depressed partner has ended our relationship [ 9 Answers ]

I have been dating a lovely guy who has been separated for 2 years and is now living on his own away from his home town, near to me. We hit it off straight away yet still remained cautious as we are both in our 30s. On a trip abroad we discussed him moving in with me to which I agreed but then...

View more questions Search