Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eoo7l Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Skin whitening for brown yellowish skin L-Glutathione
    I know this question has been asked before, but I would like a respond from people who have the same color as me and/or from people who actually done their research on whitening pill and topicals and actually been taking them for many many years. I'm filipina and a little bit of Chinese, so my skin color is brown toward yellowish color. I get darker during the summer. My skin color is really uneven. My face is a very light brown because I use spf foundation, but my arms are 2 shade darker due to sun exposure. My legs are different color from my face and arms. In addition, I get pimples once in a while on my face and chest. So, my question is how effective is L-Gluthatione on me? I heard that it makes the skin clear and light. Beside L-Gluthione, what else to I need to take along with this and how much? My concern is that taking this skin whitening will shorten my life or give me future problems like cancer. Please provide me with a full respond and reliable sources to back up your answer. I would very much appreciate the expertise on this topic. Please don't forward me to other questions in site. I have read them all but I wasn't satisfied with the answers, and some were old respond back in 2005.

Lynn
    onlineph Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Functions of Glutathione

Enhancing the Immune System - Your bodies immune activity, involving unimpeded multiplication of lymphocytes and antibody production, requires maintenance of normal levels of glutathione inside the lymphocytes.

Antioxidant and Free Radical Scavenger - Glutathione plays a central protective role against the damaging effects of bacteria, viruses, pollutants and free radicals.

Regulator of Other Antioxidants - Without glutathione, other important antioxidants such as vitamins C and E cannot do their job adequately to protect your body against disease.

A Detoxifying Agent - Another major function of glutathione is in the detoxification of foreign chemical compounds such as carcinogens and harmful metabolites.

You may visit:
    Glutathione. What is glutathione, how is glutathione made and how to safely increase glutathione levels answered on the Web Site.
    jelo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 07:08 AM

Hi I have the same problem but I am yellowish to white.. I'm already quite fair but my skintone isn't even.. specifically my arms.. I live in the philippines(the sun is always hot here).. that's y I'm using skinwhite lotion to help even out my tone and protect me from the sun.. It has spf 20 and moisturizers.. I'm loving it and I've used up about 2 bottles..
    I don't think glutathione injections or pills is the answer to our problems becoz it takes a really long time for it to lighten the skin and is very expensive so ill just be sticking to using lotion.. but if your really interested in glutathione pills, choose wisely because there are lots of fakes out there.. glutathione has many benefits too. But if you stop taking the pills, your original color will slowly return

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Glutathione skin whitening pill [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know what is the best skin whitening pill that really works? That will lighten my skin at least two shades.I have very dark brown skin my parents are from jamacia. Most of the skin whitening pill state that I would need to take 500 mg of glutathione pill for at least 2 years, two...

Skin whitening from within [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I'm using gluta500mg twice a day for 3 months now. My skin gets lighten already. I'm just afraid if there are any side effects may appear n d future. My questions are... how long for me to stop taking gluta? Is there any limitation in taking this drug? Thanks guys... :)

L-Glutathione, Vitamin C, skin Whitening - Dosage [ 7 Answers ]

I am a Caucasian woman with Polycystic Ovarian Disease. As a result I have to take birth control pills to control my hormone levels and control this disease. Unfortunately, I have what can be best described as brown stained skin in various areas that are mostly private and after sun exposure with...

Yellowish spot under my panis skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hey... I always see some kind of yellowish small, small spot under my panis skin... but after having sex my partner I didn't see any again,, will that cause Pregnancy while having sex with my girldfriend.. what exatly are this? While having sex with my partner... is one drop of spem will cause...

View more questions Search