Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taj Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2005, 11:11 AM
    Sec hard disk drive 0 not found
    Hi guys, I have got two os, xp and recently I installed xp pro (on same partiton) but now I get error secondary hard disk drive 0 not found and my computer do not show show any cd rom installed.. please help
    Thanks
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 27, 2005, 11:16 AM
    Have you changed any bios settings recently?

Do both os's work?

Does your CD rom drive work (e.g. open & close tray)?

Have you checked the cable connections for the hard drive and CD rom inside the case?

Sep 27, 2005, 12:37 PM
    Thanks stu
    No I have not changed any bios settings.
    My xp home do not work as it 's got some probs
    The cd rom opens and closes OK, even I can hear the disk moving.
    Yes the cable connections are OK.
    The cd rom worked fine until yesterday
    Thanks
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 27, 2005, 01:03 PM
    Is your machine a Dell? I googled and found the following:

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...message.id=806

Also another site suggested clearing the cmos on the motherboard. If you have the motherboard manual, follow the instructions to clear cmos. You may have to go back into bios and check settings after that. Sounds like you know what you're doing so give it a go!

If that doesn't work, if you can try another CDrom - or try this one in another machine. It may be dead!

Oct 5, 2005, 06:19 PM
    Thanks stu, still could not get rid of the error, now I have external cd rw, I will try to re install the os and see what happens... any advice before I do that,thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Cannot access hard disk [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 HDs on my XP sysyem.Suddenly,I cannot access the slave,boot up locks up on"verifying DMI pool data". If I disconnect D: all is well.If I define d: as master and diconnect c:,I can then boot up from floppy and access the drive. The drive (20GIG) has partitions primary 8,extended 19+ and I...

Hard disk problem [ 6 Answers ]

My computer has two hard drives, they are both detected and accessible via device manager but the second hard drive does not show up as a separate drive in my computer i.e.. As drive /:E so I can not load data on to it. How can I get to show as a separate drive.

Windows 98 and 120 gig hard disk? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using Windows98se and want to get a 120 gig hard disk. Can anyone tell me what is the maximum size partition I can use with Windows 98se. I've heard that with large hard disks NTFS format is better/more effeicient. Is this so? And how much difference would it make. I'd rather not have to go to...

View more questions Search