Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alishawadi Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2007, 08:35 AM
    INTEL 3 and dual core
    How is the intel dual core better than the intel 3??
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 20, 2007, 10:16 AM
    There are a lot of dual core CPUs from intel. Better than the... pentium 3?

I'm going to go with "How is the Intel Core 2 Duo better than the Intel Pentium 3?"
    Well, the Core 2 Duo processors have 2 separate 'cores' on one chip, which means they can do two things at once. They also work much more efficiently than the old pentium 3's, even though the clock speeds aren't -too- much higher. The clock speed isn't all that matters, as long as you can do more work in each clock cycle.

They also have a faster transfer rate for data to other parts of the computer (like the RAM), and have more memory on the processor itself (called cache), so it's much easier for them to do a lot of complex operations, splitting up the work between 2 cores, than it is for the pentium 3, which has to keep getting more operations because of the smaller cache, and perform them one at a time.

Newer processors also support newer technologies, which makes them more compatible with current software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AMD Athlone 64 OR Intel Dual Core [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I want to assemble a new computer for me. I want to know which processor should I use Intel Dual Core or AMD Athone 64 I use my computer for editing works,animation,video editing,converting videos and internet.I need very good performance,Graphix and good speed. WHICH PROCESSOR...

Fedora Core 6 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm new to linux, but very eager to learn it. I just installed FC6 and so far I like it. Before I start bouncing from site to site learning what I can, I was curious if anyone knows of any good tutorials. Thanks!

Heater core [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and the mechanic has discovered that the heater core is clogged. The truck has 25,000 miles on it and the coolant level is in the normal range. The coolant is from the factory. What could have caused the clog?

XP Setup Restarts on Dual Core Box [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am going out of my mind with this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated. I decided to give my studio machine an upgrade and after much deliberation with a good mate of mine (and fellow producer) I opted for an AMD Dual Core X2 4600+, 2GB Corsair RAM, Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo and...

Core Duo T2250 vs T2300 [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a significant difference between the T2250 and the T2300 Core Duo processor?

View more questions Search