Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcethindra Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Total connections on one wireless router
    I have a comcast netgear wireless router and it allows me max 5 devices to connect to it. In my home I have more then 5 connections to make to go on internet.
    I have connected a 2wire wireless router but somehow cannot get to connect all the PCs/Laptops/PDAs connect to the 2wire router.
    Can someone help as to how I can make all the users to connect to the internet through 2wire wireless router.
    Thanks
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Sep 22, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rcethindra
    I have a comcast netgear wireless router and it allows me max 5 devices to connect to it. In my home i have more then 5 connections to make to go on internet.
    I have connected a 2wire wireless router but somehow cannot get to connect all the PCs/Laptops/PDAs connect to the 2wire router.
    Can someone help as to how i can make all the users to connect to the internet thru 2wire wireless router.
    Thanks
    You need to go into the admin on the twire and allow more than 5 DHCP addresses. Some 2wire units only have 5 allowed DHCP addresses out of the box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear Wireless Router will not install [ 1 Answers ]

Tried installing NetGear for wireless from CD. Installation locked up (computer did not) at step 3 (Activate Network). Have tried to install .several times. Turned off firewall, no joy. Installation will not proceed passed the Activate Network step even after allowing computer to run all night....

Why can't I get internet connect through my wireless router? [ 6 Answers ]

I am on my 3rd router trying to solve this problem originally thinking it was the brand of router. I now have a netgear router and I am trying to run it on Windows XP system, the problem is this: once inserting the program cd into the desktop and loading it up I have went through all the prompts...

Wireless router [ 12 Answers ]

I'm having difficulty installing my wireless router Linksys WRT150 N. I can't get beyond the password screen even though it is already encrypted on the screen. Customer help couldn't help me and neither would comcast since it's not their product.

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

Wireless Router & Adapter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sony VAIO laptop with an Intel PRO wireless 2200BG connector networked using a Linksys Wireless G Broadband router with Speed Booster. My Windows XP software tells me my connection speed is 54 Mbps but I don't enjoy that speed. Linksys says I won't get maximum speed and range if I don't...

View more questions Search