Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    west56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 06:47 AM
    110 or 220 plug
    I would like to know if the plug on a commercial toaster is 110 or 220. The plug has the ground (round) plug and then the other 2 plugs go sideways rather than up and down. Could this be 110 volt that needs a different receptical??
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 19, 2007, 07:40 AM
    If you are in the US and bought the toaster in the US, it's 110. If the two prongs are going sideways like : - -

Then it's probably not 110.

However, it does depend on where you live. I am unfamiliar with every country's system.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:06 AM
    There are only two plug configuratiosn that the prongs, or blades, are "sideways".

I attached photos of both, one for 15 amp and another for 30 amnp.

Both are for up to 250 volt, and are popular with commercail restaurant equipment used in the USA.

To confirm the voltage the unit needs, check the nameplate.

I suspect your unit is the 30 amp.

NEMA 6-15P 15 Amp 250 Volt NEMA 6-30P 30 Amp 250 Volt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 to 110 [ 7 Answers ]

I'm wanting to run a 110 outlet off my 220 serface unit how do I go about doing this?:confused:

110 to 220 [ 5 Answers ]

We need an outlet that needs to support 220v 27.4 amps. Ihave 2 120 lines at that location both with 20 amp breakers. Could I just use those lines connet them to the new outlet 2 hots and 1 ground. Then get a double poled breaker in place of the other 2 breakers. If so on the new dbl breaker...

Is it 110 or 220? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had 2 outlets installed where there were once a heater and its thermostat. The light on my voltage tester is on for both, but when I plug a clock radio (110) into either new outlet, nothing happens. Is it possible that these new outlets are wired at 220 to accommodate the heater that was...

Wwiring from a 220 to a 110 plug (and an extra wire) [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a dryer, thinking that I had a dryer outlet, only to realize that I don't. I bought a 3 prong plug, for a normal wall socket (and I know that if it works at all, it will not be that efficent) and when I went to strip the wires on the plug, I found out that there where 4 wires in the...

Getting 110 from 220 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3-wire 220V going to my well house. I am wanting to come off the 220 to a 110 outlet. I realize this is not the safest thing to do but it is only temporary. My question is, I know I use one wire so I cut let's say the white wire and connect it to one side of this GFI outlet, Do I connect...

View more questions Search